post modernism perspective? (1 Viewer)

snowblack

bleh
HSC
post modernism please help !!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im not actually doing po mo, im doing individual and society BUT im doing my ee2 crit response from a po mo perspective and I REALLY NEED HELP from someone doing POMO. I ve understood that its fractured and it has no central model...but when we write in a po mo perspective, can we switch from say a marxist view point to feminist to pyschoanalytic back to marxist? or do we have to have the same objective viewpoint ? im a bit confused and yea... ><
help please !

Last edited:

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I REEEAALLY wouldn't recommend u doing a piece based on a pomo core for ee2. I did it last year and I can tell you from experience that it's a very intensive (but fantastic) course and it's definitely not a good idea to be pitching your work against that of students who are have actually studied it for a year. Honestly, you'll be doing yourself an injustice. There is no way my MW would have worked if I hadn't studied pomo in ee1.

Inspired? Sorry - but I think it's really important to warn you of this.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I did a short story about a gypsy family told through the eyes of a little boy who loves to read, using lots of postmodern techniques and trying to get across the main pomo ideologies. He creates an imaginary friend for himself, but you9 don't find out that he's imaginary till the end of the story. It's all about the ideas of originality and reality.

But yeah, basically I think that unless you're doing an in depth study of pomo then I don't think it's a good idea to do a work which is going to be compared to that of students who are studying it. No matter how great your writing is, much of the marks are based on the concepts and the research.

snowblack

bleh
HSC
my MW is just from a pomo perspective ...so u still think i shouldnt do it ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)