Post notes for relevant subjects here (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
oh geez. You make me look like the biggest ecop bludger...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
this is all ive done today :( the first 3 lectures of ecop. im so screwed. haven't started studying for ecmt. I've gotten sick and just want to sleep.
There goes my HD.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
why are u typing it all up? i just read from the notes i write in lectures

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
why are u typing it all up? i just read from the notes i write in lectures
i never remember anything that way. writing it down makes you read it, think about it, regurgitate it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
i never remember anything that way. writing it down makes you read it, think about it, regurgitate it.
but i make a point of writing every word frank says anyway. I end up with a good 6-7 pages a lecture of notes

plus, its more fun to read the textbook when u dont have to also laboriously write notes at the same time

i love it how frank pauses after an important point or a point of emphasis. I dont know whether he does it deliberately or is just catching a breath (probably deliberately, considering how long he has been teaching. He must have the techniques down pat) but its so good cos my notes dont have missing bits of phrases :D

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
I found a mistake in your notes on the last page.

Monetarism isn't in practice today. However, Rational expectations, which perhaps can be seen as a hardcore mutation of monetarism, is. The prime difference been monetarism is based on individual agents having 'adaptive expectations' while Rational expectations obviously has agents with rational expectations.

I am so smart, I am so smart.
cheers. i think i was just copying something down and mustve gotten sidetracked. I thought monetarism was practically dead on itself, with economic rationalism being consider the economic orthodoxy of today (although econ rationalism is heavily based on monetarism)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
Oh, and I get frank next semester....and there isgoing to be like 6 people in my seminar....:)
is this for the honours thing? what do u guys do in the honours thing

stazi

Nightman
HSC
melbournian said:
yeah

1st semester was on class. Basically, modern class theory ie. adaptions from the very structual materialist approach of Marxism. 2nd semester i believe is about possible policies for Australia.
hmm sounds pretty interesting.
don't think ill opt for honours though. ill be doing honours for marketing, so cant see much reason for doing random honours if they won't eventuate into anything else

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)