Post Trials / Current Trials discussion thread for Business Studies (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
How did every find the trials exam?

Pinpoint any weak areas?

What are people's studying plan for the next week etc uptill the HSC exam?

Any concepts that you are struggling with that you'd like to discuss with your peers on BOS?:confused2:

Roy G Biv

HSC
N/A
if everyone uploaded their trials, I think we'd have a nice collection of practise papers for the HSC.

unfortunately, our school did CSSA, and I believe it's illegal to upload CSSA papers.

Having said that, the ER sections were fairly generic I felt. here are some of the noteworthy (imo) things about this year's cssa paper that I recall off the top of my head:

q25 looked at staff resistance to change, benchmarking key variables as an indicator of effectiveness of HR and HR strats to improve business performance.
q26 was about globalisation affecting marketing management - I felt it was weird in that you could have spoken about the whole marketing syllabus for this. BUT having said that, we'd seen this exact question a few times in previous papers.
q27 was about strats to improve financial performance.

some of the short answers were weird and obscurely specific - very different to past papers we looked at.
eg influence of government on the PROCESS of determining employment contracts.
most kids did legal framework in general for that.

M/C was also tough imo. kids at our school were averaging 16 to 17 in past papers, but averaged 12-13 in this year's cssa.

would be great to have other people's experiences of this year's cssa paper!

and would be even better if we can share some past papers. I've done all I can given our situation :(

SirLaptop

HSC
My school did the CSSA paper, I personally found it on the easier end, but there were definitely some nasty questions.

The question on the role of ASIC as an industry regulator (forgot the number) was specifically quite a nasty one. If you didn't do economics or know anything about the banking royal commission you were stuffed for that question.

The section 3 report wasn't well done and most kids averaged 13-14 in that section. Specifically the section regarding the benchmarking of key variables was poorly answered as people didn't answer the question properly, rather they explained the positives and negatives of the data outlined in the stimulus rather than the actual process.

The section 4 reports weren't difficult, specifically the financial performance question. Globalisation wasn't difficult but required some extra knowledge to access the top band.

All in all I ended up getting 19 for M/C, 36 for shorts, 16 in section 3 and 19 in section 4. Pretty strong result to get the rank 2.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
The user cbrahimi has asked this question

"Explain why good or services are central to both marketing and operations??"

The TSFX has the following as example
"The operations function determines how to produce products or provide services,
underlining operations central to any business because without a good or service, the
business would not exist. Simply producing a product, however, doesn’t necessarily result
in sales. Marketing plays a key role in determining the appearance of the product and its
functions, as well as communicating with the market. Operations therefore relies on the
marketing to carry out market research to produce a product that will satisfy customer’s
needs. Operations also rely on marketing to inform the market, distribute products,
determine a price and persuade people to purchase the products" source:http://www.tsfx.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Year-12-Business-Studies-A_89.pdf

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
The user cbrahimi has asked this question

"Explain why good or services are central to both marketing and operations??"

The TSFX has the following as example
"The operations function determines how to produce products or provide services,
underlining operations central to any business because without a good or service, the
business would not exist. Simply producing a product, however, doesn’t necessarily result
in sales. Marketing plays a key role in determining the appearance of the product and its
functions, as well as communicating with the market. Operations therefore relies on the
marketing to carry out market research to produce a product that will satisfy customer’s
needs. Operations also rely on marketing to inform the market, distribute products,
determine a price and persuade people to purchase the products" source:http://www.tsfx.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Year-12-Business-Studies-A_89.pdf
Additionally when answering the explain questions I typically approach it as: Cause (definition etc) then the effect of this is xyz

HoldingOn

HSC
I've heard that HSC questions, particularly short answers tend to more vague in their wording. Is there any truth to this?

My study plan leading up to the HSC is actually to complete past papers- leading up to the trial I didn't have enough time to touch a single paper. So that might help. Only really cost me in the ER in the trial but yeah

Last edited:

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I've heard that HSC questions, particularly short answers tend to more vague in their wording. Is there any truth to this?

My study plan leading up to the HSC is actually to complete past papers- leading up to the trial I didn't have enough time to touch a single paper. So that might help. Only really cost me in the ER in the trial but yeah
I'd reccomend that you take a look at some HSC papers if I remember correctly it really depends on the pastpaper/HSC paper that has been set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)