Post up the paper (1 Viewer)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
If you have mc/options, or can remember short answer

Last edited:

Muchi

HSC
aaa do u want the paper because your currently doing the hsc and want to go through the paper, are u going to do the hsc or u havent done the paper yet?

HSC
Muchi said:
aaa do u want the paper because your currently doing the hsc and want to go through the paper, are u going to do the hsc or u havent done the paper yet?
yeah i just forgot to take the m/c paper with me and i wanted to go through it to see what i got

Muchi

HSC
multiple choice which i have with me

1) which of the following radiations is measured with a geiger counter

a)beta
b)infrared
c)microwave
d)uv

2. what are the volumes of one mole of argon and one mole of flourine (diatomic) at 0 degrees and 100kpa
ans- 22.71

3. which term best describes the relationship between oxygen and ozone

a)allotrope
b)conjugates
c)isomers
d)isotopes

4. whats the main constitute of the atmosphere at ground level

a)water
b)oxygen
c)nitrogen
d)carbon dioxide

5. why is ethanol used in preference to water as the main ingredient of perfume

a)cheaper to produce
b)has no detectable odour
c)dissolves esters more readily
d)ethanol has a significantly lower density

6. what is the specific heat capacity of a compound

a)quantity of heat required to boil 1g of the compound
b)quantity of heat required to melt 1g of the compound
c) quantity of heat required to increase temperature of the compound by 1 degree
d)the quantity of heat required to increase the temperature of 1g of the compound by 1 degree.

7. which of the following will always shift the 2hi equlibrium arrows h2 + i2 to the right (exothermic releasing out 52kj

a)adding a catalyst
b)increasing the pressure
c)increasing the temperature
d)adding more of the catalyst

8. according to arrhenius theory of acids and bases an acid is a substance that

a)tastes sour
b)is capable of donating a hydrogen ion
c)can accept a pair of electrons to form a coordinate covalent bond
d)increases the concentration of hydrogen ions in an aqueous solution

9) which of the following lower atomposhere polluntant gases is produced directly by the smelting of mineral ores

a)carbon monoxide
b)nitrogen dioxide
c)ozone
d)sulfur dioxide

10)the molar heat of combustion of ethanol is 1367kj mol

what quantity of ethanol must be combusted to raise the temperature of 1.0kg of water from 50 degrees to boiling point at sea level (assuming no loess of heat to the surroundings)?

a)6.5g
b)7.0g
c)209g
d)300g

11)in which of the following alternatives are the three compounds listed in order of boiling point?

a)pentane, butan-1-ol, propanic acid
b)propanic acid, butan-1-ol and pentane
c)propanic acid, pentane, butan-1-ol
d)butan-1-ol, propanic acid, pentane

12) whole lot of diagrams, sorry mate cant draw it out but it was question of which water ways are what based on turbidity etc

13) question of galvanic cell but i thought it was d for safety reasons and didnt think of voltage but the right answer is c and safety measures dont matter becuase its asking for highest voltage generated. i just thought it wouldnt be possible to set up cell with reactive metal as its just not practical in the lab.

14)20ml of 0.08mol l hcl is mixed with 30ml of 0.05mol l naoh so whats the ph of the resulting solution

a)1.1
b)2.7
c)4.0
d)7.0

15. a 2.45g sample of lawn fertiliser was analysed for its sulfate content. after filteration and drying. 2.18g of barium sulfate was recovered. what is the %w/w of sulfate in the lawn fertilisers

a)16.8
b)36.6
c)46.2
d)89.0

short answers

alkene question:

name alkene and alkane

bromine water experiement

catchment area question with water treatment processes used according to feature of catchment area

ozone question:

drawing lewis dot diagram of oxygen and ozone as well as differentiating them

ethanol question: critically evaluating whether ethanol is a carbon dioxide neutral fuel

to get 5 marks you were to discuss (acc to my teacher):

combustion of co2
addition of co2 to the air where ethanol is a fuel extender
biomass and production of ethanol, fossil fuels used to generate energy for the production of ethanol
though co2 is used up by plants and it is neutral (mentioned in paragraph) you have to come up with other reasons why if u think its neutral discuss it

i argued that is wasnt so im not sure if you argued if it was (i dont think many people did unless their really smart)

petrol question- hopefully you can remember it

galvanic cell-

labelling cell, colour change, net ionic equation and voltage (platinum, nickel cell with some quesous solution present, nicl i think)

ozone graph- stating trend present and why its bad

hydrolysis- naming whether substances are acids, bases or neutral and explaining why an substance when in water produces an acid or base (talk about proton donating etc)

aas- drawing graph and concentration according to graph

hydrogen calculation- 3 marks for identifying gas and discovering what gas is present

titration- measuring conc of calcium carbonate and writing an ionic equation and also discovering conc of another substance based on promary standard, titration volume derived and correct equation

haber- describing pressure and temperature effects on production of ammonia and how to increase yield

buffer- descrbining a buffer in nature (most people i know picked the hco3-h2co3 buffer)

hopefully man you can get your options paper coz im exhausted!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)