Post up ur major wood projects (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
What's the point in having 400 pages?? I had 80 pages and that was more then enough. How can the markers mark something that is 400 pages long? They only have like 15/20 mins to mark each work. It's a waste of your time doing anything more the 100 pages....

SweetSeasons

HSC
darth balls said:
well here's a pic for ya hope ya like it im makin a love seat it's made out of pacific maple and it quite nice isn't quite finished yet but will be o the day it has to be handed in just a couple more coats of lacquer. How much does it suck about the scale system i thinkit got scaled down abot 8 last year
Last year I rang the UAC people, they said that my mark of 90 was scaled down to around 60/65 when it went towards my UAI.... Scaling is all in relation to how well every one else in your year does, how well every one in the state does etc... My brothers mark wasn't scaled down as badly as mine when he did his HSC in 2002. Yeah hrmm, I'm lol still annoyed about the scaling lol.

I don't think my actualy HSC mark was actualy that badly effected, I think 90 is what I deserved

7th Sign

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
What's the point in having 400 pages?? I had 80 pages and that was more then enough. How can the markers mark something that is 400 pages long? They only have like 15/20 mins to mark each work. It's a waste of your time doing anything more the 100 pages....

lol, people in my class have like 900 pages.....

our teacher said we should ahve 2 full folders ?

i only have one overfilled folder?

ppl in my class will probly come like top 10 in the state easily....

and dont tell me markers dont mark it all they breeze throught it like all teachers at my school r hsc markers...so i think they know....

i just hope to get over 80% well i have lost 2 whole holidays over this shit

andwz

HSC
wtf u ppl crazy 900pgs ?
u dont need that much
wat r u making post up ur pics ?
or ppl in ur classs

heres mine and i bludged for 2 terms started it in term 2 mad rush to finish it now
http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/198/picture2984jf.jpg

i havent taken a final pic wif everything together the doors, drawer and the quarium hood.

Last edited:

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Still doing the stupid folio -----> 400!?!?

i've got about 200 pages, but they are mainly research..cos i'm making three things *correction...i've MADE three things......panic panic panic!!

7th Sign

HSC
Mine is already at school all set up now :D

lol i over estimated my folder :( it was only like 310 pages...

heaps of kids in my class have 2 -3 massive folders...

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
7th Sign said:
heaps of kids in my class have 2 -3 massive folders...

My class (6).... i know one didn't bother to hand his in today...& i think mine is the thickest... but i think its quite crap!!

The others (I don't know about Chris or Allen) there's is pretty thin...not even a whole folder

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol, i don't care if ur teachers are HSC markers. You don't need 400 pages to get a mark above 90 or a place in the top 10 in the state. And I really honestly believe anything more then 100 pages is a waste of ur time, just think of all the time u could of put into your other subjects which don't get scaled as badly...
An 80 in Maths is better then a 100 in indust tech.

Srixon

HSC
Thats right a person at our school had a folio of around 60 pages and he got a band 6 so doing over 100 pages is just a waste of time and if you have that much it must of been information of no use.

andwz

HSC
u ppl do way tooo much i onli did 68 pages
and i know a person hu topped the state and onli did 42 pgs
soo no point making too much... they wont read it allll i dont think they hav enuf time

7th Sign

HSC
meah who cares markers are done and apparently a few people in our class did very well and compared to the 5 other schools the markers have been to our school was alot better....I dont really care if i did 310 pages or what ever it is my hsc and I am not going to be doing it aggain :(

andwz

HSC
7th Sign said:
meah who cares markers are done and apparently a few people in our class did very well and compared to the 5 other schools the markers have been to our school was alot better....I dont really care if i did 310 pages or what ever it is my hsc and I am not going to be doing it aggain :(

hav u ppl found out ur results already? how do u know some ppl in ur class did well

SweetSeasons

HSC
He wouldn't know, they may of given a good impression to his teachers or what ever.
The teachers prety much know who's gonna do well and who's not.
When I did my hsc in a round about way I was told if i did ok in the exam I'd deff get a band 6.

Don't forget the exam guys, cause you can pic up a few marks in that, if your work isn't what you where hoping it to be

7th Sign

HSC
i got my folio and project marked by the 4 teachers at the school today they marked all the classes for 50% of the internal assesment....I got 51/60

highest in my class was 60/60

another kid got 53/60 and and another got 51/60

the teachers marks will be pretty close to the hsc mark because it was marked exactly on the hsc mark sheet and the teachers are markers any ways.....

robo3687

Tired
HSC
ours are being marked next thursday....they're all sitting in the room waiting...they've blocked out all the windows as well which i thought was odd....

mine slightly wobbles (its an office chair...see earlier for pic)...but hopefully it'll be ok...i put it in a spot in the room where it wobbles the least....

my folio ended up being about 190 pages.....

it was by far the largest in the class....we have 7 ppl...the only other size i knew was 63 pages....and the rest looked alot smaller than that...just in a display folder

7th Sign

HSC
folios in my class were like

650 pages
450 pages

mine was 310 pages

alot of 200 + pages

another 350ish pages

nwatts

HSC
7th Sign said:
here is one of my two bed side tables i have made , I also made a bed fram all in jarrah dam project has cost me around $3000 folio is around 400 pages atm, I have about another 100 to do.......people in my class have way more then me lol

http://www.users.on.net/~jwn/wewe.jpg
http://www.users.on.net/~jwn/wewerwe.jpg

will post up more pics later
That looks great. Find someone with a better quality digital camera and post some pictures up. I'd love one of those.

I friend of mine has done an acoustic bass. Looks freaking fantastic. Better than anything I've seen in a music shop. Cost him a pretty penny though. Mind you, it sounds amazing.

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
nwatts said:
That looks great. Find someone with a better quality digital camera and most some pictures up. I'd love one of those.

I friend of mine has done an acoustic bass. Looks freaking fantastic. Better than anything I've seen in a music shop. Cost him a pretty penny though. Mind you, it sounds amazing.

man i will really need some better pics ay it looks nice up at school...these are taken off my phone...

nwatts

HSC
7th Sign said:
man i will really need some better pics ay it looks nice up at school...these are taken off my phone...
Ah, didn't realise. They look pretty good considering they're from a phone. Which model/make have you got?

stew_g17

HSC
olios in my class were like

650 pages
450 pages

mine was 310 pages

alot of 200 + pages

another 350ish pages

7th sign or should i say james, my folio was the biggest in our class and i counted it n it was under 400 pages (at least 150 pages of magazine pictures and brochures). but i got 60/60 i think from the teachers assesment mark. heres a pic for ppl its jarrah outdoor cost me about 1800 ish in wood n probly bout another 200-300 in other stuff, but been told its worth $6000!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)