Post up ur major wood projects (1 Viewer)

freesample69

HSC
Nearly done, put my first coat of Estapol on today, and got 3 more to go, cutting it very fine.

The photo is of my job before estapol, looks 10x better now and draw handles will go on after just before final coat.

yeah dude, looks very good, myself, im racing towards the end, something like 9 days until its due, scary.

I did a bar this is a few weeks ago, it has changed dramatically now.

hotfire

HSC
Yeah im freaking out, to think we have a week left and i still have stuff to do + sand and apply my finish
I am used to having a tonne of time left its freaky we only have a week
Plus the folio!!!
AHHHHH

ljs_yobbo

HSC
I finished my project a while ago. we have the hsc markers coming on next tuesday the 25th, so today i pulled it out of the storage room and gave it a polish.

The attached pics are from a while ago now.

BTW it's a wine cabinet with the wine bottles up the top (the top is a opening lid) and a wine galss rack in the right door

Last edited:

klitzy

HSC
I finished my project a while ago. we have the hsc markers coming on next tuesday the 25th, so today i pulled it out of the storage room and gave it a polish.

The attached pics are from a while ago now.

BTW it's a wine cabinet with the wine bottles up the top (the top is a opening lid) and a wine galss rack in the right door
That looks really nice the red and the colour of the timber (tassie oak right?). Did you clear coat it? I decided to stain mine first, I didn't think a clear coat would be good for how it looked.

ljs_yobbo

HSC
no, the framework is hoop pine,(chose it because it is easy to work with and pine is the traditional wood for scanndinavian designs). The ply panels are merbau ply wood however the panels on the back are more brown. I had trouble selecting them since im colour blind and cant see red very well so i didnt notice the difference till after i had bought it. oh well lol

I used four coats of estapol gloss and using teak scanndinavian oil with a bit of steel wood to buffer it back giving it a smooth finish.

(the red up the top u mite be seeing at the glass is just the red felt i layed down
(see attached photo)

my folio is also only 76 pages long and teacher a previous marker said its good

Last edited:

jimmylad

HSC
Good job guys, how did everyone's turn out? Fucking glad to have it over and done with.

Final Product

ljs_yobbo

HSC
Good job guys, how did everyone's turn out? Fucking glad to have it over and done with.

Final Product

good work that came out lookin real nice

my project is getting as we speak. hope i get an allrite mark :s

klitzy

HSC
It's a tool chest/box. Judge away.

If I had my time again, there'd be several things I'd change, but what can you do, I'm still pleased with what I've knocked up.

tomlongie

HSC
yeah dude, looks very good, myself, im racing towards the end, something like 9 days until its due, scary.

I did a bar this is a few weeks ago, it has changed dramatically now.

Whitters that looks reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally shit.

ljs_yobbo

HSC
wow i found out today my wine cabinet got selected for 2010 InTech
anyone else got asked to send out their job?

Mc Fadge

HSC
wow i found out today my wine cabinet got selected for 2010 InTech
anyone else got asked to send out their job?
I got "nominated" but I did a multimedia project. Anybody got replies from them yet? It'd feel great to get into it, but I can't seem to find ANY information on the presentation anywhere

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)