Post your 2006 UAI here! (1 Viewer)

shelley686

HSC
91!!! There HAS to be a mistake lol!! i dont know how someone with 2 band fours gets into the nineties! go figure!!

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
acim said:
Okay for that i leave this forum. And you know what im gonna go build a sand castle in the middle of my backyard. I bet no one with a uai of 99 could compete with the quality of sand castles i build.
Haha :)

anyway congrats to EVERYONE on their results, 60s or 90s or whatever, you survived the HSC - that's an achievement in itself!

CDA

HSC
all those ppl that think elitists who complain about 99+ uai's suck, coz they have every right to complain if they have much higher expectations. Also, its much more difficult to improve in the 99-100 range. i.e. its really difficult to get from 99.1 to say 99.9 as opposed to 92 to 95. So if someone with 99+ is crying, let them and don't say "look at the ppl around you" - do you really think they have no idea about how worse other ppl did? of course they do, but they are bitter coz they did worse than expecations and may have missed out on comm/law if they got less than 99.55 OR they may have missed out on a late round offer for medicine even if they got more than 99.55. If you havnt already guessed by now im one of those bitter what you call "elitist" ppl tho i dont think im elitist at all:

SAM - 99.45

JUAI - 99.5

UAI - 99.55

- SUX

panicstation

HSC
Here's the real miracle. Started working in May. School expected me to get 75 to 80 (including my cow of an English teacher). 87.45. My school marks were so so low compared to my exam marks. Did others have that experience?

Edit: SAM calculated 87.75
JUAI calculated 86.8
UAI: 87.45

Last edited:

brobinson

HSC
Well I was really hoping for 90+ but with my maths mark it really wasn't possible. O well.
SAM said 87.75
UAI: 87.45

English (adv) 81
Maths 65
Business Studies 89
Geography 90
IPT 92

cmifsud

HSC
SAM said 85.35
UAI said 84.35

At first I was a little bit disapointed, but I'm not anymore. Also, for anyone who got in the 50's but still wanted to go to Uni, go to latrobe in Albury. A Bachelor of Business only requires 50.5, or something like that. All hope is not lost.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i know heaps of you kiddies complain about those people who complain about getting 99. the thing is that...

these people are actually smart and didnt achieve what they should have!

God has apportioned to us varying levels of aptitude and intelligence. some of you were lucky to get 85 and some of you should've done better than 99.8 because thats just the way it is.

shepster

Steeplechaser
HSC
I got 78.15

I need around 60 to study an environmental science course at UWS which is what I plan to do

jesst2005

HSC
Whoever just mentioned the EAS, i applied for it and recieved a letter that my application was recieved and valid. But what is it really? Do you get official marks added on that will be valid in QLD as well? When do we find out if this is the case? I'm hoping soon because it means the difference between if i get into the course i want to do or not. i only got 66 and i need 70. please could you reply to this asap. cheers mate jess

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Optophobia said:
No 100.00's in this community?

BOS got rejected by the elitists :D (.. or the trolls are a bit slow and haven't created a false account to lie about getting 100.00 like Stazi did last year).
I've only seen a 99.95. No 100s. Congratulations, whoever you are.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i'll second that. 90 plus is a brilliant result!!! if you're still not satisfied after getting bloody 99.95 there is something a bit wrong with you, it's one step away from 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jeez lol.
I agree on how people bitching about 99.95 is grating, but we have to keep in mind that 90+ isn't always a brilliant result for some. Maybe they needed 94 to get into the course they wanted, but got 92. That's got to be disappointing, no matter how high your UAI is regardless. Basically, I think if you've got a high enough UAI to get into your first preference, you've got nothing to moan about. If you didn't, though, then it's understandable for you to be "not satisfied" be your UAI 73 or 93.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Jachie said:
I agree on how people bitching about 99.95 is grating, but we have to keep in mind that 90+ isn't always a brilliant result for some. Maybe they needed 94 to get into the course they wanted, but got 92. That's got to be disappointing, no matter how high your UAI is regardless. Basically, I think if you've got a high enough UAI to get into your first preference, you've got nothing to moan about. If you didn't, though, then it's understandable for you to be "not satisfied" be your UAI 73 or 93.
yeah, you're right. its gotta be hard on you if you work that hard and then still fall short. i was kinda shitty with a certain person i know who got insanely high and still didnt seem happy just coz it wasnt the top top mark in our year. that sort of mentality is v grating, lol.

atreus

HSC
Jachie said:
couldnt have said it better myself

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
When people get ridiculously high UAIs (like 97+) and are obsessing over minute differences in UAI (e.g. they got 98.65 and they wanted 98.9) and it doesn't have anything to do with uni preferences, it's just about ego. It's the UAI- University Admissions Index! It's not used for anything else. And those who kid themselves into thinking a difference of 0.35 marks is a measure of worth in any way are idiots.

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
i got 100

quite stoked, especially since sydney boys high came 3rd, which is our highest since like 6 yrs ago

Drunkspleen

HSC
Sory I tuk so long 2 reply gusy byt i had fone calz all dai cuz i got 100

Haha, no actually got 86.50 - .15 off SAM I think.

I couldn't care less what other people got though because my course had a cutoff last year of 80.00 so I should be set.

Grats to everyone 90+ that takes some work.

BTW, where are you guys pulling the school rankings from?

Last edited:
HSC
ViRtUaL said:
i got 100

quite stoked, especially since sydney boys high came 3rd, which is our highest since like 6 yrs ago
Congratulations! By the looks of your marks, you worked hard and deserved it. :)

On the other hand...

SAM predicted 91.9 and I got 93.65... and didn't really do any study bar the day before each exam, so i'm pretty happy! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)