Post your 2006 UAI here! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Stryfe said:
Just curious, did anyone from 2006 HSC earn a 100 UAI without any Maths subjects counted in their calculation? That includes those who did Maths, but didn't need it for their scaled aggegrate.
This doesn't answer your question but still on a related note, the person who got the highest mark in my school got 99.85 with no maths or science...I thought that was pretty impressive...

I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who didn't do math and got a high UAI. There are plenty of high scaling subjects, particularly in the languages, sciences and extension subjects that don't require maths as a part of the UAI.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
What if someone did 12 units? ...and they got 1st or 2nd in the state for 8 units. English also counts and their maths wouldn't. That way they still can get 100 if their English was good.

boris2003

HSC
55.40, ah well tafe for me for a year, hopefully i get enough credit points so i can transfer to uni. Congratulations to all the people that got 90+ as most of you did.

acebycc

HSC
well done to all you 06 ppl. I just wana know whether being in the Australian Schoolboys soccer team and the nationals for skiing will scale uai mark up? I heard from my mates that being in the Oz schoolboys team gives you an extra 10 uai marks, is that true?

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
it wont scale ur uai up.. but when applying for certain uni's they might accept give u "bonus points" or a "scholarship" when applying for certain courses

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
acebycc said:
well done to all you 06 ppl. I just wana know whether being in the Australian Schoolboys soccer team and the nationals for skiing will scale uai mark up? I heard from my mates that being in the Oz schoolboys team gives you an extra 10 uai marks, is that true?
Some universities have Elite Athlete Entry Schemes, you should talk to your careers advisor about it, your eligablity to apply will vary from uni to uni. You don't get given extra UAI points, you just get special consideration and how much will depend on the uni - sometimes its only for certain courses as well. Have a look at the UAC site and some of the universities if you're interested.

ANU
Macquarie
Sydney

etc....

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
SAM estimated 84.35 and i got 85.3. Pretty close i reckon.

AudreyHepburn

HSC
99.89!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haque

HSC
Lol she didn't know uai increments are by 0.05s

Andrew_MM

HSC
Etheral said:
how's that work?
School/university partnerships

E.g. If your an Abbotsleigh girl, you get UP TO 5 more marks if you go to Macquarie.

Theres a wider range of criteria then just going to snobby school: you could also be an elite athlete. Its only at some unis though

I reckon it's really unfair. But hopefully they'll go belly up when they cant handle the course work lol.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
not everyone at a participating school gets that. they award the extra uai points to the kids that need it most. at my school they gave it to the kids they were probably going to miss out on getting into their preferred course, but showed that they had a clear passion for it.

morningstar

HSC
hey hatayex can u tell me more about the scaling system and what scales high and that

this year im thinking of doing history, geography and business studies

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
u didnt exactly choose high scaling subjects.. but knuckle down and u can achieve high!

m.c.moey

Purple's a fruit
HSC
uai 89.3

marks

Maths 2u: 81
Maths 3u: 35/50
English: 84
Business: 89
Legal" 89
Modern History: 75

If i can get a uai of 89.3.. anyone can get over 90 uai easily if they actually put the effort.
I barely studied for hsc, i was a very lazy student and i couldnt study no matter what, after my first break i'd never go back to studying.
I expected a mark of <50 for modern history, i didn't even study for it, as a matter of fact i didn't even complete the syllabus, i only did about half of it since i was studying it through Distance Education and i was rather lazy.
It just goes to show that hsc isn't too hard and stress only makes it worse.
jus a lil note for 2007 students hope you all achieve well.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i totally agree, just be dedicated and put in the effort (as you've probably heard countless times).

for me stress actually motivated me to try harder cos i knew that i couldn't let all of the stress be for nothing.

wyho

HSC
N/A
i did the unsw foundations course in 2006, so i didn't really get a UAI, but a GPA, then converted into a UAI equivalent. i got around 88 =D

PPsathas

HSC
Wow ...im seeing everyone did great mostly passing and getting into uni...thats hektik......oh right you wanna know what got...well im not pleased but i didnt expect any better, cause i knew my brain....(it doesn't work...lol...)

HSC RESULTS
ENGLISH= 64
GENERAL MATHS = 67
BUSINESS STUDIES = 64
IPT = 74
HOSPITALITY = 77

UAI= (*sighs with disbelief*) 44.65

oh well...but on the bright side i made it to ultimo tafe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)