Post Your 2015 Sem 1 Timetable (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Is this okay for Comm/Sci?

View attachment 31742
Other than the back to back tutorials on Monday you have a good timetable. I recommend not having back to back tutorials for reasons I mentioned before. Also, they are a medium (4 minute walk) distance away from each other.

Feedback for comm timetable please, first try D:
http://imgur.com/KAWVckJ
What are you going to do in that 5 hour gap? I really would not recommend keeping a 5 hour gap giving you an 11 hour day :S

Also, might need to leave the Monday ECON1101 lecture early to get to your tutorial for ECON1203 on time if you have a quiz or class test, etc.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Not sure if this is better or worse http://imgur.com/pPg1vO0
Much much better by my standards and in my opinion (but really I'm speaking for myself there).

Do you think you can do 5 hours straight on the Thursday? If not, maybe change it up a bit so you have a few breaks (maybe move that tute on Thursday or something). If so, then you should be fine.

A lot of students have gotten away with 7 or 8 hours straight, but I'll tell you that you can lose focus sometimes and it can be a bit draining if you don't have something to eat/drink (I just used to eat during a mid point break in lectures personally).

MadLife

HSC
Much much better by my standards and in my opinion (but really I'm speaking for myself there).

Do you think you can do 5 hours straight on the Thursday? If not, maybe change it up a bit so you have a few breaks (maybe move that tute on Thursday or something). If so, then you should be fine.

A lot of students have gotten away with 7 or 8 hours straight, but I'll tell you that you can lose focus sometimes and it can be a bit draining if you don't have something to eat/drink (I just used to eat during a mid point break in lectures personally).
Personally, hours aren't a problem for me. Initially i was concerned with my lessons getting late but at least i can get some extra shut-eye now :).
My only concern is the walking distance between each class/lesson and whether i may have to skip something?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Personally, hours aren't a problem for me. Initially i was concerned with my lessons getting late but at least i can get some extra shut-eye now :).
My only concern is the walking distance between each class/lesson and whether i may have to skip something?
Well the cool thing is that you can just sleep in a lot though any way haha.

Nah all your distances at the moment seem fine and should take you around 5 minutes to walk. All classes should finish 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour so you have time to get places.

In the case of tutorials or labs, if you have a quiz or exam, you could leave early to be prepared but even then your distances aren't all that large so you should be fine regardless.

But yeah, that is a solid timetable :D

MadLife

HSC
Well the cool thing is that you can just sleep in a lot though any way haha.

Nah all your distances at the moment seem fine and should take you around 5 minutes to walk. All classes should finish 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour so you have time to get places.

In the case of tutorials or labs, if you have a quiz or exam, you could leave early to be prepared but even then your distances aren't all that large so you should be fine regardless.

But yeah, that is a solid timetable :D
Sweet, i was a bit overwhelmed doing all of this as i just came back from a vacation today. Thanks for the help!

HSC
How is this timetable? I'm only worried about MATH1131 tutorial and the Econ tutorial. If there is a test on a week for maths, would it be the first tutorial on tuesday right not on thursday?. Is this okay?Timetable again.PNG

what i mean is that tests would usually take place in the 1st tutorial of the week not the tutorial 1 of 2 (say on friday) instead of tutorial 2 of 2 (on a tuesday) right?

Last edited:

brad1

HSC
N/A
Your tutorials are for completely different kinds of math, aren't they? I assume you would have tests in both tutorials.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
How is this timetable? I'm only worried about MATH1131 tutorial and the Econ tutorial. If there is a test on a week for maths, would it be the first tutorial on tuesday right not on thursday?. Is this okay?View attachment 31761

what i mean is that tests would usually take place in the 1st tutorial of the week not the tutorial 1 of 2 (say on friday) instead of tutorial 2 of 2 (on a tuesday) right?
No. The tutorials are for different components of the course. You will have two 20/25 minute exams in the Tuesday tutorial and two in the Thursday tutorial for the whole semester.

HSC
Hi, i have a biology lab at like 6 to 8pm. But i live quite far from UNSW, and i was wondering whether or not they record the labs?? Thanks

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Hi, i have a biology lab at like 6 to 8pm. But i live quite far from UNSW, and i was wondering whether or not they record the labs?? Thanks
Labs are usually pretty important so make sure that you can actually attend that lab. I suggest changing the time if you can't make it to the lab physically.

Back last year I had a Wednesday morning lab that was cancelled and had to move it to Friday 5 pm to 7 pm. At first I hated the thought, but after going a few weeks in I actually loved the timing and have kept Friday afternoon labs as a tradition of mine from here on in haha.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Tbh there probably is a way to get away with going to uni once a week on 12 contact hour timetables. Will still be a 2 day timetable but you could probably skip one day or something and watch lectures at home.

JynxMaze

HSC
Could I get some feedback for my timetable? I'm kind of concerned that I'll be walking around heaps.

timetable.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)