Post your 2016 ATAR here! (1 Viewer)

Jakulore

HSC
ATAR was under what I needed by 0.55. However, I got DUX in my school so I got my AAA email from UNSW today and I get 3 bonus points from that for UNSW so hopefully that will get me in! :)

EDIT: Does UNSW automatically find out who got the highest ATAR in each school and offer AAA to them? Or does the Principal have to inform?

Last edited:

aoc

HSC
is the AAA award only for dux? Cause i got it but im pretty sure someone got higher than me in my cohort?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
is the AAA award only for dux? Cause i got it but im pretty sure someone got higher than me in my cohort?
Yeah i think so I got the dux in my school with 99.70 and got offered the AAA scholarship

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
ATAR was under what I needed by 0.55. However, I got DUX in my school so I got my AAA email from UNSW today and I get 3 bonus points from that for UNSW so hopefully that will get me in! :)

EDIT: Does UNSW automatically find out who got the highest ATAR in each school and offer AAA to them? Or does the Principal have to inform?
I got one too aye :) Yes from what I read on past posts it's automatic and based on the highest atar in each school. Funnily enough I knew I got dux for my school even before results came out lol because when I went onto my personalised website for unsw on the 14th to check all the details were right and it said I was offered an AAA scholarship and I was like what is this because I didn't apply for that scholarship and I clicked on it and legit just died when it said highest atar in school.

Jakulore

HSC
Well, when you receive the thing saying you are eligible for it, it says something along the lines of "Congratulations on receiving the Highest ATAR" so I assume it is for DUX. Not to mention, both jazz519 and I got offered it and we both got DUX at our schools.

D94

HSC
N/A
Well, when you receive the thing saying you are eligible for it, it says something along the lines of "Congratulations on receiving the Highest ATAR" so I assume it is for DUX. Not to mention, both jazz519 and I got offered it and we both got DUX at our schools.
They must not have applied for UNSW.

They do need to have UNSW in their preferences. If they don't, then they are not eligible even if they have the highest ATAR.

Jakulore

HSC
I got one too aye :) Yes from what I read on past posts it's automatic and based on the highest atar in each school. Funnily enough I knew I got dux for my school even before results came out lol because when I went onto my personalised website for unsw on the 14th to check all the details were right and it said I was offered an AAA scholarship and I was like what is this because I didn't apply for that scholarship and I clicked on it and legit just died when it said highest atar in school.
That's great!! And yeah it's crazy!! I only found out after receiving my ATAR but it affirmed my belief that I got DUX! Also okay that makes more sense if it is automated as my school assumed that the person who came 2nd would be DUX so I assumed they would have chosen her if Principals had to inform the Uni.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
That's great!! And yeah it's crazy!! I only found out after receiving my ATAR but it affirmed my belief that I got DUX! Also okay that makes more sense if it is automated as my school assumed that the person who came 2nd would be DUX so I assumed they would have chosen her if Principals had to inform the Uni.
Yeah I read online that they used to have the nomination system, but in 2014 they got rid of it all together and just made it based on the atar to avoid situations like that

Jakulore

HSC
Yeah I read online that they used to have the nomination system, but in 2014 they got rid of it all together and just made it based on the atar to avoid situations like that
Makes sense!

aoc

HSC
damn my school doesnt even know who dux is so i guess i wont find out

braintic

HSC
N/A
my school decidec dux during graduation and they have chosen the wrong one 2 years in a row..
If their aim is to choose dux based on assessments, then they have chosen the correct dux.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
If their aim is to choose dux based on assessments, then they have chosen the correct dux.
The dux came 1st in all of his subjects but they were low scaling..he ended up with ~93 atar and the highest atar came out to be 98.55 and like 10+ ppl got a higher atar than the dux. The dux is based off assessments but its decides who's most likely to get the highest atar.

aroon

HSC
That is the biggest load of bs I've ever seen. With that you would have easily got a 99. Need proof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)