Post your s2 2010 timetables here!! (1 Viewer)

AndrewCase1337

HSC
Cool site!

Couldn't figure out how to put the time table in, but im first year mech engineering, and the 2nd semester looks 3 times worse as my semi-optimised current time table where i finish early on fridays at 12. :(

This one proposes I have

5 Days at uni

37.5 Hours at Uni

26 Class Hours

And thats optimised for minimal hours at uni too, and days off (which of course there are none).

I feel, the pain. Of course you have been and done all of that, now you got a nice cushy time table :p haha

EDIT: I'm hopefully gonna board next semester so it won't make a diff if I can :D

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
would leaving fins1612 til third yr be a bit weird? it clashes with heaps.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Rectangles thinks I have 2 1 hour clashes on Friday. I haven't examiend it too closely althoguh I think I can manually do a timetable better than that. Will look tomorrow, time to head our now.

ct92

HSC
Rectangles refused to give me a good timetable, so I made my own from the class times in the Handbook.

Monday 11:00 - 5:00 (break 3:00 to 4:00)
Tuesday 11:00 - 5:00 (break 2:00 to 3:00)
Wednesday 2:00 - 6:00 (break from 3:00 to 5:00)

theMaster

HSC
I'm confused, enrolments open today? I mean I haven't decided on what to take next semester?

Lydia_88

HSC
Subjects Semester 2 screw rectangles this semester! i'm making my own as rectangles give crappy timetables but heres mine....

SAFE6201 - Distance
SESC6031 - Distance
MATH1041 - Wed 10-12pm (i have to miss the 1st half of the class, due to a clash of lecture time ARTS2632..), Thur 9-11am Lecture, Lab - either a Tuesday 10am, Wed 1pm, this may change...Tutorials are Thursdays only (11am or 1pm - again, this may change)....

Either a gen ed 6uoc or ARTS2632 (if i do pick the subject, problem with that the lecture time clashes with the morning lecture of MATH1041 so what i intend to do is go to wed 10-11am ARTS2632, and enroll in the second lecture stream but still go to morning stream...)

Defitnely get overall-Monday and Friday off and possibly Tuesday, if i don't pick ARTS2632

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Why is rectangles making it so i have no lunch on Friday and a whole bunch of tutes one after the other?

I'm just going to make my own timetable when i'm bothered XD

henry08

HSC
N/A
Why is rectangles making it so i have no lunch on Friday and a whole bunch of tutes one after the other?

It done the same thing to me, gave me friday with 3/4 tuts and an 8 hour day with no breaks lol.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
SDES1108 starts at 9:00am and finishes at 4:00pm.
What the hell?
Is that even allowed?

This is my favourite looking timetable:
Monday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Wednesday: Day off
Thursday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
are maths tuts compulsory to attend? like do they have attendance points? >< i srsly don't find them very useful

LordPc

HSC
are maths tuts compulsory to attend? like do they have attendance points? >< i srsly don't find them very useful
not compulsory but they get you marks (and can prove you were trying to do well if you get a 46/100). but nothings stopping you from coming and just doing other work, or sleeping. as long as you dont talk tutors shouldnt worry too much

if you get a good tutor (as in a lecturer/former lecturer and not a phd student) then tutes are amazing. chances of this arent great though

LordPc

HSC

It done the same thing to me, gave me friday with 3/4 tuts and an 8 hour day with no breaks lol.
did either of you two bother to send in a complaint?

Rectangles

its no good complaining about it here where no one will read it when you could send a complaint directly to the guy that actually writes the code

Iruka

HSC
N/A
not compulsory but they get you marks (and can prove you were trying to do well if you get a 46/100). but nothings stopping you from coming and just doing other work, or sleeping. as long as you dont talk tutors shouldnt worry too much

if you get a good tutor (as in a lecturer/former lecturer and not a phd student) then tutes are amazing. chances of this arent great though
One of the advantages of doing the higher level courses is that you are much more likely to get lecturers as tutors. I think I only had one PhD student tutor the whole time I was at UNSW (and he was quite helpful, actually).

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
One of the advantages of doing the higher level courses is that you are much more likely to get lecturers as tutors. I think I only had one PhD student tutor the whole time I was at UNSW (and he was quite helpful, actually).
it depends if you have a good lecturer or not...

in second year maths i actually enjoyed not having the lecturer for the tute, because they weren't always saying "well we already covered this in the lecture". the tutor assumed we knew nothing, and pretty much taught the material again from a slightly different angle -- sometimes easier to understand.

William kamel

HSC
When do we enroll? I heard somewhere on another thread that it's on the 17th, just wanna make sure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)