Post Your Sc Results Here! (2 Viewers)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Happy holidays, seasons greetings, and have a happy new year, all.
Also, to those Vietnamese/people of Asian decent, enjoy Tet/Chinese New Year/whatever.:wave:
Lol, cant w8. free money ;)

Lucid Scintilla said:
Ah, Kujah's marks are as follows:
English (97) Band 6
Maths (95) Band 6
Science (94) Band 6
Geography (94) Band 6
History (99) Band 6 (So close :))
Computing Studes (95) Highly Competent

Nice, indeed! Nicely done.
Thanks man :)

Neurox

HSC
maths- 91
science- 91
history- 87
geo- 87
english- 85

ok theyre not great but considering i didnt study at all (except for cramming with friends on the last day) i did alright, except maths.. i stuffed it up majorly in non-calc. this doesnt reflect my true ability at all..

anyway congrats on those who got the marks that they deserved, now off to play some more dota/cs/etc...rofl

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Prerequisites hardly exist these days. Obviously they're still out there, they're just a lot less common now. A lot of medical courses would have 2U Maths as assumed knowledge, so it would be reccommended for you to study Maths, but it's not compulsory. Besides, there are always bridging courses.

I wish I was Asian. I want money. *glum*

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
Lol, cant w8. free money;)
You're Asian?:eek:
Neurox said:
maths- 91
science- 91
history- 87
geo- 87
english- 85
Congrats; this set of results is still better than some at my school.
We have people sitting on 81's, 84's, band 4's, and lower band 5's. It's negatively skewed though.
ok theyre not great but considering i didnt study at all (except for cramming with friends on the last day) i did alright, except maths.. i stuffed it up majorly in non-calc. this doesnt reflect my true ability at all..
Mmm, m'kay; right.
Jachie said:
Prerequisites hardly exist these days. Obviously they're still out there, they're just a lot less common now. A lot of medical courses would have 2U Maths as assumed knowledge, so it would be reccommended for you to study Maths, but it's not compulsory. Besides, there are always bridging courses.
Ehm, I don't think any prerequisites exist these days; there are assumed knowledge subjects, but I don't think that there are prerequisites.

Jachie

HSC
I would reconmend getting a copy of the UAC University Entry Reuirements 2009. (if you don't already have one, I bought mine through school) It gives you a list of subjects you will need to take for the different courses for the different universities. Good luck!
Is this book green? Because if it is, that's the book I was talking about in my previous post. I think I've lost it, though. :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
You're Asian?:eek:
:uhhuh:

Jachie said:
Prerequisites hardly exist these days. Obviously they're still out there, they're just a lot less common now. A lot of medical courses would have 2U Maths as assumed knowledge, so it would be reccommended for you to study Maths, but it's not compulsory.
Just like Pharmacy (i.e. you'd need assumed knowledge of chemistry)

Neurox said:
maths- 91
science- 91
history- 87
geo- 87
english- 85

anyway congrats on those who got the marks that they deserved, now off to play some more dota/cs/etc...rofl
Congratulations :)

tamaranadine said:
I would reconmend getting a copy of the UAC University Entry Reuirements 2009. (if you don't already have one, I bought mine through school) It gives you a list of subjects you will need to take for the different courses for the different universities. Good luck!
Very, very useful ;)

slowjam10

HSC
Well i got my results last monday the 18th

English 89 (Band 5) (damm one mark off, happened to alot of people i know)
Science 87 (Band 5)
History 94 (Band 6)
Geography 92 (Band 6)
Maths 76 (Band 4)
Computing Skills 95 (Highly competent)

Letter Gradings
English-A
Science-A
History-A
Geography-A
Maths-B8

Other Subjects
Commerce-A
Religion-A
Food Technology-A
P.D.H.P.E-C (damm teacher im really good at theory and im not that bad at prac and my overall result was 80% which is good considering the avg, at our school was only 69% i know there was some mix up there ...teacher on drugs cough

cs01001

HSC
I guess i did Ok.... My results are nothing/shit when compared with other awesome results posted :(

Course Mark:
English: B
Maths: B7 (My maths results are so so poor this year :-(
Science B
Music: B
Commerce: A
Computing/Software Design: A
PDPHE: A
Geography: A
History: A

Test Results:

English: 84(5)
Maths: 82(5)
Science: 80 (5)
History: 87 (5)
Geography: 91 (6)
Computing Skills: 95 (Highly Competent)

Do all of you guys go to selective? How do you guys get such high bands? Guess i need to work even harder next year...

ccc123

HSC
Hey cs01001 vbmenu_register("postmenu_2690517", true); ,

Just thought i'd assert that a)i personally do not attend a selective school, and b) my school certificate results in maths was worse then yours haha.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You dont need to go to a selective school to do well in the SC or HSC, as seen my many people on BOS. Just need constant effort, determination and hard work, and you're on your way to doing well. ;)

Jachie

HSC
cs01001, believe it or not I do go to selective. Hence, my pitiable marks being even more pitiable. :p

cs01001

HSC
ccc123 said:
Oh ps. what school do you go to?
Hmm...Carlingford High in the north west. Its somewhere around ruse, cumberland etc. What about you?

HSC
N/A
Congrats with your marks, cs01001.

I do attend a selective high school, and have been since year seven.
Sadly, it isn't Ruse.
\
tamaranadine said:
I don't think 4U of english is required. Most universities expect all the students to be competant in the english language, therefore English Advanced would be recomended. If you are thinking of taking law I think doing extension might help you but I have never seen it as a prerequisite, let alone 4U.
Doing 4U English and obtaining decent marks makes you a favourable candidate.
It's not a prerequisite, but it is, however, looked upon favourable, as aforesaid right above.
SoulSearcher said:
I believe the only pre-requisites for a NSW university would be 2 units of english and 2 units of maths for teaching degrees, from what I can remember.
Yeah, that and a UAI of 70 or so.
Kujah said:
You dont need to go to a selective school to do well in the SC or HSC, as seen my many people on BOS. Just need constant effort, determination and hard work, and you're on your way to doing well.
Not quite true.

Nice avatar image, cs01001.:)

Jachie

HSC
No, even looking through my book quickly this morning I found a few prerequisites. Like I said, they're terribly uncommon, but they're still out there depending on what uni you want to go to/what course you want to study. For example, a B.Arts (Jewellery) at a university I can't recall off the top of my head lists Visual Arts as a prerequisite.

I don't think 4U is ever assumed, at least nothing I can remember has listed it. Some courses have Engish Extension 1 as assumed knowledge/reccommended studies, but I haven't seen anything on Extension 2.

Not quite true.
How do you figure?

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Not quite true.
It IS true. You dont need to go to a selective school to get a excellent HSC results, and a high UAI.

cs01001

HSC
Hey Kujah and tamaranadine, do you two go to selective?

HSC
N/A
What the Hell are people replying to?
OH I SEE.

tamaranadine said:
How so?
Are the teachers any better in a selective school?
I doubt it.
Please don't get roiled by my comment. I meant the latter of Kujah's comment, which is "Just need constant effort, determination and hard work, and you're on your way to doing well."

HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
Those are the things that are necessary if you want to do well in the HSC.
Again, not necessarily.:D
So long as you do well in school and well in the final exam, with more emphasis on the latter.;)
Kujah said:
Aw, but you seem so clever, Kujah!
Private?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)