Post your subject regrets (1 Viewer)

shved

HSC
Hospitality. Its basically copying notes from a textbook.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Wow. From reading above, a lot of people dislike chemistry eh. It is one of my favourite subjects (top 2). I don't have any regrets in my subject choices. I enjoy them all :)

swoozie

HSC
One regret is not dropping a subject i truly hate :Industrial Technology Multimedia (teacher dose`nt teach anything just looks at his computer all lesson) in order to pick a subject in which i would smash Senior Science and dropping PDHPE.

JXZ

HSC
LEGAL STUDIES
fml its so boring, its not challenging and stimulating enough, mostly textbook work.

Should've done physics, since now I have to do ext 2 maths to kick legal out...

king_venthan

HSC
Chinese continuers was a huge mistake for me. Basically all the languages are very difficult, because you need to retain all your knowledge from Year 7 to succeed.

I initially wanted to do Physics, but then after I messed up a Physics exam during Year 10, I thought about doing Chinese. During Year 10, my marks were in the high 90s, so I thought it would be a piece of cake.

In actual fact, it's so much harder in Year 11 and 12. The marking scheme is so subjective that it makes English seem ridiculously objective, and for the year, my mark was only 65%, in a class of only two people, where the other person got around 70% and is still doing the subject. I'm dropping it for the HSc, and picking up 4U maths and History Extension.:)

Haruka

HSC
What I'm doing now:

English Standard
Drama
Chemistry
Biology
Music
Japanese Continuers (already completed preliminary course in year 9; HSC in year 10 as I started early with Japanese but am not a background speaker)

I chose based on what I thought would be easy/enjoyable rather than what counts for my dream career (to work for a company over in Japan) so I'm kind of screwed.

What I would have done:

English Adv.
Drama
Business Studies
Biology
Ancient History
Japanese Continuers (repeat)

Still looking at the option of repeating Japanese for one year at TAFE if possible.... 78 just isn't good enough for me, especially when it's what I want to do at uni.

HSC
Food tech > Physics
D&T > Ext. Maths
Standard Eng > Advanced Eng
Catholic Studies > SOR 1u

Picked up Visual Arts and SLR and kept Senior science

So yeah i pretty much hate all my subjects :)

Jassinta

HSC
Dance. God, I haven't even finished the damn course and I'm regretting it. Dance Theory is probably the most dull idea ever.

And having to rely on another student to do your Composition Dance. Not to mention mine broke her leg a week before yearlies. Thank God this is only Year 11.

Last edited:

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
Should have done 4u Maths, maybe Senior Science instead of Agriculture as it ties in with Physics and Chem I think... Also I have little regret in choosing English Standard

tsdylan

HSC
Modern History... the content is so extensive... so dropping it next year

niamhk

HSC
Probably should have chosen Bio, Legal Studies or Music over Extension English, it's so much work for a 1 unit subject and the Syllabus takes all the fun out of English.

jdennis

HSC
Doing 14 units for the entire Prelim course was completely unnecessary. I should have dropped Eng Ext after the mid course exams... but I didn't (I'm going to drop it for the HSC though).

Shouldn't have done Chem either - our class has 14 at the moment (pretty small school, only 70 in the year) and I think there will be about 3 next year... lol

bluecrisps

HSC
lol bl jdennis!
fark i sholdve chose phsyics instead of legal studies holy crap

sdaver

HSC
I hate Studies of religion 2 unit and Biology. There my worst subjects performance wise as well..

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
I regret not choosing Business Studies thinking that it would be boring.. I wish I could re-do Year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)