postmodernism (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If you do a search on the forums for postmodernism (or even just go through the English Extension 1 forums) you'll find that many, many schools did pomo-ism. :D

Mine did - St George Girls

Mike85

Heya,
Our school is doing postmodernism..... I think it's great, though it can be quite draining....
Don't you love all the concepts???? They make you feel so smart :)
If anyone wants to trade notes/talk about the subject, send me a message..... I have MSN
CYA L8R!!!!!!!!!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
we did postmodernism in the preliminary course,
it was fab!

i agree, knowing all the key terms and regurgitating them makes you sound smart :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Parramatta marist high..accounted for

Post modernism is great...but it does get a bit tedious with the whole no real boundaries making it difficult to choose which one you want hehe

But great topic i reckon

oompaloompa

Is anyone else having to suffer; French Lieutenants woman by John Fowles...sure it's Postmodern but EXTREMELY boring!!

what are everyone's supplementary texts??

iluveden

><

Yeh my school is doing postmodernism... We hate it... I have an essay to do at the moment about 'Dead White Males'...
And yes we all hate 'The French Lieutenants Woman' lol

Emmie

I am doing post modernism.
Not sure if i like it or not....
But i guess that's the 'fun' of 'pomo' - no certainty!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol dead white males is pretty easy but possession is soooooooooooooooooooooooo boring...i dont know how ppl could think tis post modern its so...romantic....and boring lol

wednesday

i'm not doing post modernism but im doing retreat from the global and i think the two issues overlap. We have addressed post modernism a bit in our studies.

do you guys support the post modernistic theory or not? i think its crap. i don't believe in post modernism.

lionking1191

HSC
as my english teacher liked to say, 'everything overlaps with everything else'

can anyone tell me the related texts for pomoism, and their supplementary texts? my school (baulkham hills) does every single option.. diff teachers do diff stuff... not sure how they sort it out between themselves tho :confused:

Jinpoo

HSC
lionking1191 said:
as my english teacher liked to say, 'everything overlaps with everything else'

can anyone tell me the related texts for pomoism, and their supplementary texts? my school (baulkham hills) does every single option.. diff teachers do diff stuff... not sure how they sort it out between themselves tho :confused:
i've got wakeling, and we're doing pomo.

really confusing, but at least i know what a meta-narrative is - half my class don't

sleepy12

HSC
we're doing postmodernism.. i love it because all of a sudden you see it everywhere. especialy in popular culture. all of a sudden the simpsons is educational!

french lieutenants woman however... not so fun.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Everybody cheer up! Postmodernism is one of those epiphany subjects-- you won't get it till you get it. Stick with it and it'll eventually come to you!

Sydney Girls High has been doing this elective for many years, but it's been restricted to the two most advanced classes (for a reason). It's not easy, but it's hell rewarding and it's interesting!

For those that are having trouble with it, go to your library and there should be a small stack of books about the subject! Borrow them and monopolise them for the year-- renew, renew and renew. Go toe-to-toe with my school librarians! If you don't understand your teacher, go straight to the books. It's the only way you'll get around this topic.

Read, read and read. During HSC year, my study desks were drowning under 3U Math and Chemistry and my bed became a storage unit for everything that was ever written about postmodernism.

It pays off eventually! :read:

lucienlucien

HSC
Basing my ext2 Major Work on pomo...
How in depth does the ext1 course go into the playfulness of postmodernism? I'm considering playfulness through pomo as the concept but can't use it if its a big part of ext1.
I'm not sure as we do speculative fiction for ext1.

ctamas

HSC
syd girls mannnnn
regurgitate anything. but its so deep!!!
haha. the hsc. hilarity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)