Powerhouse Museum?? (1 Viewer)

Nitty16

HSC
Hi all i was just wondering out of those who were nominated for the DESIGNtech at the powerhouse, have any of u heard a reply yet?? THANX =]

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
Don't know yet... still waiting... how long does it normally take?

Nitty16

HSC
Yeah I haven't heard a reply either. We must all be in the same boat....

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
haha is that right? shows how well i read it! but then again i had it flashed before my eyes and thats about it... teacher still has it

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
Haha na mine awarded it to me a couple times in front of various people and took it back every time!

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
Got my letter today!

Going to the Powerhouse!!!! WA HOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm actually really surprised... i expected Tamworth for sure!

How did you guys all go?

Last edited:

danni a

HSC
hey Mr Me,

congrats on gettin in the powerhouse... i ws jst lookin at the model of the house u made n iam a bit confused as i also made a model

wats the purpose of the house?

wat are the rubberbanded boxes in the box for n is that triangle bit the roof?

is this ur final model cos it seems to be masking taped up and made of cardboard?

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
Haha its a disaster house... ie a prefab house made for people to live in wile they wait for their homes to be rebuilt after a disaster.

That is the finished model... its triangualr in shape for strength and the bits you see rubber banned together are the peices that make up teh house. It is designed to fit into a shipping container and that was what i was trying to demonstrate.

Its actually amde out of perspex... with the tape being waterproof tape used to seal the house from the weather... but it is also removable so you can decontract and use the house again. I have had better ways suggested to me more recently... but thats what i came up with!

Sabahat

HSC
do they choose ur MPD to be displayed in the museum or sumfin... if not then wat do u do???

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
No they choose the best ones for display. There are regional displays (Tamworth, Dubbo etc) and then there is the PowerHouse Museum where the best 12ish go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)