Powerplay (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
TRIAL HSC NON EXAM QUESTION: MODULE C - POWERPLAY

OUTCOMES ASSESSED: 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10.

You are to answer this question for Module C in Wednesday's exam.

Script a radio interview with Mark Antony and one of the perpetrators of powerplay in each of the two other texts you have examined (the characters from your related text do not have to be successful in the execution of their plan).

POINTS TO ADDRESS:

- What observations would these three characters share as they reflect on their common experiences in the execution and ultimate outcome of powerplays?
- In what ways does each fulfil the aims of his/her composer? Each character should explain why they feel they are the worthy victors in their particular struggle for power. In their discussion, they should compare and contrast the representation of their motivations and strategies with those of their adversaries. Each character should articulate the representation of powerplay that their respective composer makes.

MARKING CRITERIA

The student demonstrates the ability to:
- write in the form of a radio interview
- utilise effectively the elements of language/writing to articulate ideas in a sophisticated manner
- explain and analyse the representation of powerplay by each of the composers discussed
adopt and sustain the voice of each of the characters in order to reflect on their respective experiences in powerplays
ANY help would be appreciated
My texts are 'Julius Caesar', 'Falling Leaves' by Adeline Yen Mah and this cartoon.

michaeljordan23

Moderated User
got exactly the same assessment

damm i'm stuck on this assessment too, the whole day i can't think of what to use as my text. nor can i know what question i could ask antony, any ideas. plus how the hell do you incorporate the three text as one, do you meant to write the 3 as seperate transcripts etc. or just incorporate the 3 into one.

by the way who are you , and have you done our speech yet, who on in caesar?
any help and notes will help heps.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i guess youre from sefton too?
oh well its a bit late now

hey its nancy :) *waves*

be there

HSC
got n e related material for power play with 1984?
i hav an assessment task and am reallly stuck?
plz help

HSC
Hey, we're doing powerplay with 1984. There's heaps of related material out there that suits it. Just watch an episode of big brother (how easy is that to link to 1984!). Do you remember last years "Australia says no" campaign against violence to women? Dig out an old pamphlet- it's gold baby! For that matter, you could analyse just about any mass produced pamphlet sent out by the government. There are heaps of newspaper articles around about censorship etc at the moment (link to Newspeak, doublethink ... controlling the meaning, peoples ideas by controlling the representation). Just about every Shakespearean tragedy deals with the interplay of power (though this is perhaps not advisable as Caesar is already a prescribed text). As for movies, there are heaps out there - how many films have been created that deal with the abuse of power? Heaps! Even the new star wars- or any of them come to think of it. Look at history flicks, particularly those dealing with imperialistic issues and corrupt rulers.
I haven't mentioned (or myself used) any novels, our teacher thinks it's not a good idea to do another novel when using 1984, as we're supposed to be gathering material from a range of sources and media.
Hope i've been helpful and not too general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)