PR - Creative Writing Idea, Need your thoughts. (1 Viewer)

spiiiders

I did extension 2, and composed a short story for it. What i was wondering, is if i did a shorter, adaptational version of this for Paper 1, would there be any problems? Would markers know?
I just feel that it is appropriate for the exam, as it is the journey of 4 youths travelling overseas (physical journey), who then become stranded at the airport due to a typhoon and are temporarily stuck in the country. This leads to the characters undergoing alot of self discovery, and ultimating in several epiphanal factors, such as realisation of sexual orientation and whether or not all characters really have a place back home.

please give me your thoughts, im really interested in doing this tomorrow. Just not sure if i can.

serge

HSC
i dont think you'd have the time to explore that
with sophistication... too many issues to cram in i think

but if you've already got a draft for it (in reduced form)
i say go for it

not too much teenage angst is there?
(you dont want your creative sounding
like a simple plan song...teachers will
absolutely hate that)

spiiiders

my little outline doesnt really do it justice, but no, it isnt angsty at all. it is much more about epiphany than anything, which is what my toucher has advised that i explore tomorrow... it brings more depth to any journey.

and having written dozens of drafts of the damn thing, i know it backwards. Pretty much exactly what i want to leave out etc.

and thanks.

serge

HSC
no worries, it still sounds like a lot to put down
in 40 mins... even if you've memorised it
physically writing speed is what will matter most for you

spiiiders

i did a practice run just now... of course i only included some focal points due to the time limit.. but i got down what i wanted in 42 minutes, lol.
hopefully the question isnt specifically asking for something entirely different.
in our trial i was hoping for a specific question for this, but we didnt get one. i was screwed as i hadnt prepared for it...

serge

HSC
i dont think they want to specify something
in either section II or III

imagine reading 50,000 terrible responses on
either the same topic, or the same texts
(if they specify stimulus material or poems)

I dont think HSC markers get paid enough
to endure such torture...

ashyoddy

HSC
i do extension 2 as well and have done the exact same thing. i wrote 3 short stories for ex 2 and i have adapted one of them into the time allocated. im planning on using it for section II.

spiiiders

excellent =) and i marvellous idea, might i add.
Hope you're right Serge.
Good luck to you both.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
btw section 2 dosent have to be Creative writing, they could ask just about anything for it. the syllabus just specifies that it is to be a piece of writing to fit a certain context, audience and purpose....

"Candidates will be required to compose or adapt a text for a specified context, purpose and audiene"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)