Prac test (1 Viewer)

Skater_bum

HSC
hey guys i need a crash course in writing out a science prac suited for physics. so how do you set a prac out? hypothesis,data then comments? the context is "using a pendulum to determin g" on page 11 of jacaranda physics 2.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah, just do the same sort of stuff like you did in 7-10

-Aim
-Hypothesis (not always relevant)
-Method
-Results
-(after the results section you may need to do some calculations to do obtain more results)
-Conclusion
-Evaluation
-Discussion (maybe)

Yeah, if this is an assessment task make sure you read the marking criteria and outcomes very closely to ensure that somewhere in your report you have dealt with them all, otherwise you're just throwing away marks.

Often most of the outcomes you will need to write about in your evaluation of the experiment (eg how to improve the experiment, safety considerations) and the discussion (applications of this physics to society)

But if this is not an assessment task I wouldnt even bother writing it up.......

but yeah that's how I'd do it

Hope this helped!

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
You may get asked to write an extension about things like the applications of the experiment, so you understand the experiment's relevence.

I dunno, ask your teacher what they want, thats usually the best way finding out what they are expecting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)