prac test (1 Viewer)

jayz

walking
haven't done it yet, but i predict it might be on a stimulus material interpretation to calculate enthalpy (e.g. burning ethanol)
Others may possibly include ion identification in unknown solution

that's all i can think of so far

N

ND

We've done a titration one, and have the molar heat of combustion one coming up in 2 weeks.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
we've gotten an indicator prac.
remember guys, whenever u use indicators, always "rinse" out the droppers a couple of times with the indicator in the bottles b4 u use them..
i didn't and there were other substances left in the droppers, prolli from ppl b4 me, so i contaminated all my solutions and got my colours wrong... >.<

N

ND

Originally posted by jayz
How many minutes did the teachers give u guys to complete the prac on titration?
We had 1hr40mins to do the prac and write-up.
Tip: If you spill the solution everywhere while filling up the burette, tell your teacher the tap (on the burette) is broken (saved me from losing quite a few marks :D).

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
we had molarheat(theory prac) and titration (prac prac)

for the titration, our school is so cheap that we werent given burettes etc.... we were asked to do 1 titration with a plastic pippette and a measuring cylinder :rolleyes:

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
plastic pipette and measuring cylinder????!?
hehe... that'd be pretty cute...
whenever we do expensive pracs, we borrow equipment from every other high school within a 6km radius cuz we either don't have enough equipment, or it doenst work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)