prac vs theory (1 Viewer)

mandyiscool

HSC
hey this is probably gonna sound really stupid, but im really confused. if your doing all prac for your hsc (which i am) then do you still have to do the theory part? my teacher says we do, but i dont know if he is just making it up so i dont bludge. so if someone could let me know that would be appreciated thanks..;)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
No, the Paper (ie, the theory part) is compulsory for everyone doing Music, whether that be Music 1 or 2.

Which course are you doing?

mandyiscool

HSC
ujuphleg said:
No, the Paper (ie, the theory part) is compulsory for everyone doing Music, whether that be Music 1 or 2.
i'm doing music 1 but for the assesment part im doing 3 prac. like i know that everyone does aural and a core prac, then there are the three electives, which you choose how to be assessed. but is there any other written exam? or is that it? argh im so confused lol :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm assuming when you say prac you mean performance.

With performing you need to understand stylistically what you are trying to do - takes a bit of theory there.

Depending on school to school your assessments will vary - ie you may need to give a presentation about the style, or a critical evaluation. Your initial post gave us the idea that you don't need to do any actual "work" in which case, you do, from speeches to history research.

The written exam you are asking for is what I call "aural". Which tests your knowledge of musical aspects etc.

Here is a sample below.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2004exams/pdf_doc/music_1_04.pdf

Other than that, there is nothing else besides your performance test and your written/aural test as stated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)