Practical Advice on Acing HSC English from a State Ranker (1 Viewer)

jwei123

HSC
N/A
Hi! My name is Jess and I study double degree medicine at the University of Sydney and have been tutoring English for 4+ years. Here I just wanted to share some practical advice about doing as best as you possibly can in HSC English.

This forum was super helpful throughout my own HSC so I thought I might put it on here for any students preparing for trials or heading into Year 12 soon.

I obtained state rank of 2nd in NSW in English Extension 1 and achieved an ATAR of 99.95 in 2018. I also majored in English Literature in my undergrad at university, so I've spent A LOT of time thinking and teaching in this subject. This is advice that I would have loved to hear sooner if I were to do it all again.

You can read it in the blog post below:

studywithjwei(dot)com/tips

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Hi! My name is Jess and I study double degree medicine at the University of Sydney and have been tutoring English for 4+ years. Here I just wanted to share some practical advice about doing as best as you possibly can in HSC English.

This forum was super helpful throughout my own HSC so I thought I might put it on here for any students preparing for trials or heading into Year 12 soon.

I obtained state rank of 2nd in NSW in English Extension 1 and achieved an ATAR of 99.95 in 2018. I also majored in English Literature in my undergrad at university, so I've spent A LOT of time thinking and teaching in this subject. This is advice that I would have loved to hear sooner if I were to do it all again.

What was your approach to exams for getting a state rank? Did you memorise essays or key quotes + themes? How much practice did you put into English?

souli

HSC

the link doesn't work for me :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)