• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Practical Legal Training question (1 Viewer)

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
Is it possible to gain employment in a law firm, and obtain PLT while I work? Earn money and do PLT at the same time?

My PLT is built in to the degree. I have one PLT subject left over in the last semester, so it would be very advantageous to gain a job and complete the PLT requirements simultaneously. Are there any problems with this?

Available information about PLT is rather limited...

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
DeVenne said:
Is it possible to gain employment in a law firm, and obtain PLT while I work? Earn money and do PLT at the same time?

My PLT is built in to the degree. I have one PLT subject left over in the last semester, so it would be very advantageous to gain a job and complete the PLT requirements simultaneously. Are there any problems with this?
if you have one subject left, i don't see how it clashes with full-time employment.

you might want to check with your law faculty on timetabling issues and negotiate with your employer on study leave, if necessary.

UAI30orless

HSC
No problem.

PLT is what you make it. It can be as tough as a 9-7 Solicitor gig or as easy as a cashier at coles. Id choose the former tough, 'cause you're inevitably going to screw up and when you do, its bettter to be a PLT trainee rather than making the mistake once youve been admitted.

DeVenne

HSC
N/A
At UTS they do not organise the practical component for you. Unless they have been keeping it a very well kept secret?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)