Practice Essay Questions for Belonging (1 Viewer)

Artemis_ephesus

HSC
I'm annoyed that there are no past exam questions I can look at!

From what I gather, the questions won't be as specific as the ones suggested here. They need to be very open to cater for different texts and standard/ESL people.

The only thing the BOS has released is one sample paper, and the question there for the essay is "To what extent have your perceptions of belonging been influenced by the texts you've studied? In your answer, refer to your prescribed text and two other texts of your choosing."

See, really broad.

eunkuk91

HSC
Re: Area of Study practice essay questions

Belonging relies on both conformity and individuality. What is your view?
for this can we talk about one for each text...?
in my opinion simple gift is individuality
and my other texts are conformity

so can i just write about individuality for simple gift or do i have to imply both for each text...?

bayan92

HSC
[FONT=&quot]Section III[/FONT]
15 marks
Allow about 40 minutes for this section

Answer the question in a SEPARATE English Paper 1 Writing Booklet. Extra English Paper 1 Writing Booklets are available.

In your answer you will be assessed on how well you:
■ demonstrate understanding of the concept of belonging in the context of your study
■ analyse, explain and assess the ways belonging is represented in a variety of texts
organise, develop and express ideas using language appropriate to audience, purpose and context

Question 3 (15 marks)
Focus — Belonging
How has your study of belonging shaped your understanding of the concept?
In your response, refer to your prescribed text and TWO other related texts of your own choosing.
The prescribed texts are (for my school):
•[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Prose Fiction – Charles Dickens, Great Expectation
•[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Non Fiction – Raymond Gaita, Romulus My Father
•[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Shakespeare – William Shakespeare, As You Like It
•[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Poetry – Peter Skrzynecki, Immigrant Chronicle
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] * Immigrants at Central Station, 1951 [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Feliks Skrzynecki [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Crossing the Red Sea [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Leaving home [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Migrant hostel [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * A drive in the country[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] * Post card[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

jess5377

HSC
Is a sense of belonging or not belonging more powerful in the texts you have studied? In your answer refer to your assigned text and two additional materials.
We got this as a speech :)

RandalThor

HSC
'Belonging is the cornerstone to finding identity in an individual'. To what extent is this true of your texts? Discuss your answer with reference to your prescribed text and at LEAST TWO other texts of your own choosing.

fipassmore

HSC
N/A
Re: Essay Topics

Don't you know that English teachers scour this site for ideas? The concept of Belonging is a new AoS for us too!

tonyharrison

HSC
People experience a sense of belonging in varied and complex ways. How is this explored in the texts you have studied?

In you response, refer closely to your prescribed text and to at least TWO other related texts of your own choosing.

In this question you just say this character belongs because he got married. This character belongs because he found a friend. This character belongs because he joined a knitting club, so on and so forth.

simplyyme

HSC
"The basic human need to be accepted and belong can cloud our judgement and direct our actions,discuss with reference to your presxribed text and 2 tests of your own choosing"

cassiecocaine

HSC
How have the texts you have tsudied this year effectively shaped your understanding of the what the term belonging means? Reference needs to be made to the way a sense of belonging impacts on self-image and world view.

In your response, you should refer to your prescribed text and at least two related texts of your own choosing.

lalala xD

HSC
thanks heaps xD wow, the tutortales website has so many questions, guess that's pretty much the whole belonging concept questions possibly asked. :D

*HSC 2009*

‘Understanding nourishes belonging. A lack of understanding prevents it.’

Demonstrate how your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing represent this interpretation of belonging.

But i heard section III isn't totally in essay format, does anyone else have any questions dat aren't for essay format? :uhoh: And can u advise on how to start them or give examples, cause i can't write anything about belonging in any other un-essay format :confused:

ChrisMueller

HSC
Uni Grad
You will be assessed on how well you:
- demonstrate understanding of the concept of belonging in the context of your study
- demonstrate skill in making informed language choices to shape and meaning
- demonstrate understanding of the forms, features and structures of texts

1) It is through not belonging, we realise that we belong. Evaluate the degree to which this statement is true.

2) To belong, we must sacrifice our own individuality. Evaluate this statement, using your available texts.

3) Belonging evolves or devolves with the passage of time. Use your texts to respond to this statement.

4) Belonging relies on connection to place and interaction. Use texts to respond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)