Practicing past HSC papers (1 Viewer)

siryapolot

HSC
Hey everyone,

I am doing past HSC papers for revision before trials.
I am aiming for a final ATAR of at least a 92.

What is an appropriate raw mark to be safe with a 92? As in, the mark before any scaling, straight off my paper?

I have been told that the average raw mark in extension varies around 47%, so over 50% and I will scale very well, well above a 92, but I am not sure if the source of this is reliable, so I thought I would look for confirmation.

Cheers,

Nick.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
Hey everyone,

I am doing past HSC papers for revision before trials.
I am aiming for a final ATAR of at least a 92.

What is an appropriate raw mark to be safe with a 92? As in, the mark before any scaling, straight off my paper?

I have been told that the average raw mark in extension varies around 47%, so over 50% and I will scale very well, well above a 92, but I am not sure if the source of this is reliable, so I thought I would look for confirmation.

Cheers,

Nick.

for extension 1 if you can get like full marks on Q1-4 and then like 1/2 or even quarter marks on the rest, you will get 45+/50 easy.

Firstly, no source is reliable for this stuff, secondly we dont know your other subjects, and the list goes on, stop worrying about atars and just relax. Why is everyone so into reading scaling reports and crap, wouldnt it be a more effective use of time actually studying

Last edited:

maths94

HSC
for extension 1 if you can get like full marks on q1-4 and then like 1/2 or even quarter marks on the rest, you will get 45+/50 easy.

Firstly, no source is reliable for this stuff, secondly we dont know your other subjects, and the list goes on, stop worrying about atars and just relax. Why is everyone so into reading scaling reports and crap, wouldnt it be a more effective use of time actually studying
+ 1

bored of sc

HSC
Based on the statistics in the 'raw marks released' threads, I deduced that I got 58-59/84 (approx. 70%) as a raw mark for Mathematics Extension 1. My aligned mark was 91/100.

80%+ across the board in my subjects got me an ATAR in the 94's. I did English (Advanced), Studies of Religion (1 unit), Mathematics Extension 1 and 2, Chemistry and Music 1. Depending on your subjects, you'll probably need something similar for a 92 ATAR.

If you can get a high E3 or higher i.e. 80%+ it will do wonders for your ATAR. Heck, even a HSC mark of 75% in Maths Ext 1 isn't so bad. :)

siryapolot

HSC
Based on the statistics in the 'raw marks released' threads, I deduced that I got 58-59/84 (approx. 70%) as a raw mark for Mathematics Extension 1. My aligned mark was 91/100.

80%+ across the board in my subjects got me an ATAR in the 94's. I did English (Advanced), Studies of Religion (1 unit), Mathematics Extension 1 and 2, Chemistry and Music 1. Depending on your subjects, you'll probably need something similar for a 92 ATAR.

If you can get a high E3 or higher i.e. 80%+ it will do wonders for your ATAR. Heck, even a HSC mark of 75% in Maths Ext 1 isn't so bad. :)
So as far as raw marks from past HSC's as a guideline for E3, I need to be looking at about 75%?

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)