Practicle Exam (1 Viewer)

gorillaunsw

HSC
could everyone please give me their opinion and give as much detail as possible, as to what i could be given as a practicle exam for motors and generators.

I have an assesment in 3 days time, and i have no idea what i could be tested on as there is nothing that gives great detail and could be done with limited resources.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
MFHS
Motors And Generators
Revision

1) Two parallel wires of length 0.25 m carry a current of 0.5 A and 2.5 A.
a) Find the force between the wires, if they are 0.05 m apart.
b) If the wires are attracting each other, do the currents run in the same direction or opposite directions?

2) Find magnitude and direction of the force acting on a wire of 50 cm length, carrying a current of 5 A at 60o to a magnetic field of 0.4 T.

3) Draw an electric motor. Explain, in which of the indicated positions is the torque maximum and in which is it minimum?

4) Find the torque in three positions indicated in the above drawing, given that the coil of wire has 500 turns, the current is 4 A, the magnetic field strength is 0.5 T, the width (depth of coil into the page) of the coil is 5 cm and the radius indicated in the drawing is 4 cm.

5) Describe and explain two improvements to the above motor.

6) If the set up in question three would be used as a generator, find the magnetic flux in the three above positions.

7) What is another word for flux density?

8) An electric drill gets stuck. Even though there is a current flowing through the coil, it does not move. Is the electric current through the coil now greater or smaller than when the drill is in normal operation? Explain, naming relevant laws.

9) How many coils are needed on the secondary coil of a transformer that has 500 coils on the primary coil to produce a secondary potential difference of 20 V from a primary potential difference of 240 V?

10) How does an AC – Motor work?

gorillaunsw

HSC
thanks forbidden...that is really great help for my exams....but i was wondering if you know of a practicle exam i might be tested on...

:)

dowam

Lazy Bastard
HSC
look at past papers and then check out questions on motors and generators coz my teacher takes past hsc questions changes em a bit then puts togeter a test

samwell

HSC
Thanks for the text. Can i print or r ua copyrite obsessed guy(jkz). Nweis thnk u v much for it. Gives me a huge clue. $@m

gorillaunsw

HSC
i did the prac test today...

it invovled a a circuit, annmeter, compass, and a resistor (globe)..

we had to put the wire on the north-south needle of the compass...and then by changing the current input (by increasing the voltage on the power pack)...determine the deflection of the needle due to the current...

we then had to tabulate the results...and then draw a graph of current vs. tangent of the angle

was pretty easy...hope this helps anyone if you are having a prac. test on this topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)