Practicum in pairs (1 Viewer)

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
I thought it was getting a little quiet on here so i thought i might post something. It is good to have some healthy discussions going.

Anyway, in a bit over a weeks time, i am off on prac again. Though this time it is a little different it is with a partner (in the same classroom, working on the same lessons), for 4 weeks. So i was just curious as to whether anyone else has been in this situatation, and if so how did you feel about it, and do you have any advice. If you have not been placed in this situation, just thinking about it what are your ideas.

Personally i am rather excited and think it is going to be great. But with that i am still not 100% sure about it all.

Cheers
Tabbi

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
a good classroom teacher and teacher's aide team will do this all day every day.....

a note from my experience...
I'm working as a disability support carer in a preschool (and studying primary teaching)...
On Monday's the child I work with is in a group with a male teacher, and instead of him leading the group and me supporting the child, we often swap roles. I lead the group and he translates the group (by signing) for the child who has a disability.
This is just a great experience for both the students and the two of us as teachers.
For the students: they get to see me as the 'teacher in charge' not just as this particular child's carer
For the other teacher: he gets to see some different teaching strategies... and management strategies (which is particularly useful becuase this is a difficult group behaviourally)
For me: I get to try out strategies and content that im learning at uni...

Therefore... team teaching is awesome if you connect with the other teacher and can bounce off each other..and learn more about teaching and put it into practice

The fact that this other teacher is also my boyfriend probably has something to do with our connection.. but I think its acheivable regardless.....

In conclusion to this scattered post (damn you msn) embrace your paired prac, and have fun!

rific

HSC
I see the value in team teaching, but I'm not completely sold on the idea. I'd prefer to have a bouncer than another teacher. It might be different in primary schools though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)