Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 0-4

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bookie

Banned
HSC
@ lizka - you see the people that didnt do too well just dont want to face up to it, so they dont post. i wouldnt be too worried here. plus, some people are full of shit and lose their sense of reality.

gamecw

HSC
man that was my shitest attempt of 3unit exam, i had a major headache when i woke up, then ran to school(exam hall) coz i was late.. cudnt calm down + headache doesnt stop.. took me like ages tryin to figure out Q1e, but i cudnt do it.. when i finished Q4 i had 55 mins left.. i knew i was runing late so i rushed through the rset of the exam.. yep must have made alot of mistakes.. crossed out like 3 pages of work coz i cudnt work out induction (n=1), then finallly did it at the end.. again Q5(c)(ii) stoped me for awhile.. i worked out the wrong answer for sum reason.. then again cudnt do the 2nd half of peojectile, was too nervous coz there wasnt much time.. and Q6(b) instead of expressing terms in q i did in p, and wasted alot of time tryin to figure out whats wrong.. finally last question... pretty sure i only scored 6/12 for that one.. didnt even care about the last 2 parts.. went back to 1(e) at the end, finally realized what was wrong but i had like 15 secs to write.. worked through the question as fast as i cud n i got +/-8 for sumreasons..

Hai.. i screwd up.. without mistakes i got 71/84, but then again i usually make 5 marks worth of mistakes =( the test was easy, i shud have scored 80+

Benmc

HSC
Bookie said:
@ lizka - you see the people that didnt do too well just dont want to face up to it, so they dont post. i wouldnt be too worried here. plus, some people are full of shit and lose their sense of reality.
Yeah...this stupid guy at my school does that. Thinks he goes great but i end up beating him. Most people here are 4u students as well so they should be going great. How many ppl in NSW do the 3 unit course. I'd say about 300 people here on this forum do it and only a few people have said they went great. So in theory thats really a small percentage of the pop.

But this was the god damn hardest 3unit paper i have seen in a long ass time.
Its by far twice as hard as last years paper and would take 3 times as long to complete.

I'm 99% sure i failed. I think i got abour 42%....
What does that get scaled up to? E1???? LOL

Thank god i do 12 units.

HilaryLush

HSC
Benmc said:
Yeah...this stupid guy at my school does that. Thinks he goes great but i end up beating him. Most people here are 4u students as well so they should be going great. How many ppl in NSW do the 3 unit course. I'd say about 300 people here on this forum do it and only a few people have said they went great. So in theory thats really a small percentage of the pop.

But this was the god damn hardest 3unit paper i have seen in a long ass time.
Its by far twice as hard as last years paper and would take 3 times as long to complete.

I'm 99% sure i failed. I think i got abour 42%....
What does that get scaled up to? E1???? LOL

Thank god i do 12 units.
thank you! you just made me slightly happier, if you got band 1, i got band 0

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
haque said:
Pretty sure i got full marks(had 43 minutes to check over it-made no silly mistakes unlike the 4 unit which really let me down)
Disclaimer: Don't be alarmed at this, members of the general public, this guy has always been purely insane at maths.

And haque, stop depressing the masses :p. We all thought it was freakin hard.

Last edited:

mojo_rising

HSC
haque said:
Pretty sure i got full marks(had 43 minutes to check over it-made no silly mistakes unlike the 4 unit which really let me down)
What a crock of shit, take your lies elsewhere. If you could do that test in less than a n hour and a half then you shouldnt even be in school.

atreus

HSC
i agree with mojo rising, i dont get why so many ppl are cocky on boredofstudies.

anyway, i thought it was an ok exam (i think i got around 60) definitely not what i expected though. they are starting to move away from formulae and the standard topics. notice how there were not "point dividing the interval" questions or "angles between two lines". even the induction is getting nutty. but they need to complicate it every year otherwise everyone would go well.

i wonder when there will come the point where the 3 unit exam gets so hard that it will actually be a 4 unit ecam.

no wonder they're going to do a maths review in december. a year to late...

Sober

HSC
another 4 marks have come to my attention, 77/84 at best now.

Lizcat

HSC
my teacher was saying that for the review of the maths syllabus, their gonna take out curve sketching in extention 2 coz now people have graphics calculators so its pointless.

i hope they take out trap and simpsons, as well as newtons and the other estimation of roots.. i think they are pointless.. coz we have integration.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Lizcat said:
my teacher was saying that for the review of the maths syllabus, their gonna take out curve sketching in extention 2 coz now people have graphics calculators so its pointless.

i hope they take out trap and simpsons, as well as newtons and the other estimation of roots.. i think they are pointless.. coz we have integration.
you can't use graphics calculators on tests, plus, that's were I get my free points :rofl:

the trap/simpson/newton rules/method is for estimating integrals that are really hard to integrate indefinitely, so it's still important to have them.

on topic:
realistically, I think I got about 50-60 raw. I was pretty suprised at how difficult this was. I just remembered how to do a few that I went blank on on the test too :(

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
haque said:
To be fair, how did your pen not burn up? Even writing like a crazy man most people couldn't copy down answers to a 3-unit paper in less than 1h30min.

I'm in awe.

kakhter88

HSC
haha man all u 4 unit ppl r making me depressed . I rkn i got around.....low 60s/84 hope to get in the 80s scaled now, dont think theres any chance of E4...

haque

HSC
To Keypad-I'm just a fast writer that's all, i do things fast but i make stupid mistakes eg not reading q properly, besides u ripped 3 unit so i guess u have a right to be sarcastic when u say "i'm in awe" but honestly i'm not lyiong-u can ask some of my friends at school (Minh Phan, Yip, etc) but i doubt u know them too closely-i probably made some stupid mistake and i'm sorry if i sounded cocky-my personal opinion was that this 3 unit test was much lengthier than usual

cyl123

HSC
nice work haque
I think i also got full marks cos i also had time to check every answer
I may have lost 1 or 2 marks on stupid error though but im pretty sure i got 84/84

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
haque said:
To Keypad-I'm just a fast writer that's all, i do things fast but i make stupid mistakes eg not reading q properly, besides u ripped 3 unit so i guess u have a right to be sarcastic when u say "i'm in awe" but honestly i'm not lyiong-u can ask some of my friends at school (Minh Phan, Yip, etc) but i doubt u know them too closely-i probably made some stupid mistake and i'm sorry if i sounded cocky-my personal opinion was that this 3 unit test was much lengthier than usual
Nah man, I wasn't being sarcastic. Seriously, to finish a 3unit paper is incredible, especially in that length of time (I had about 12 seconds left before pens down). Oh, tell Minh I'm down to 23.68 on the 3x3x3 :p.

haque

HSC
lol-sorry for thinking u were being sarcastic and i'll tell minh (23 seconds is fast minhs always breaking cubes)-the other day on the bus he did it in 17.63 seconds or something-he was supposed to teach me but then the hsc came up-at school the guys are into five by fives from what i saw-wouldn't even want to attempt them

Last edited:

Priscilla899

HSC
Well, if I'm pretty sure Im in the 55-64 range, maybe high 60s if I get marks for all the bits of proofs i did in 6 and 7........It was hard, so I think the scaling will pretty good. Considering I did this subject for no reason apart from the fact that I like it, I'm hapy with that. I never even thought of the UAI when I picked ext! Lol
Those of you who think you got 84, do you do 4u? How did you think 3u compared to the 4u exam? Does it seem heaps harder?
I love 2 unit. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)