Predicted HSC questions (1 Viewer)

Doylie

OK, i would like for people to post what they expect to be the HSC questions this year, just so we can look back on it afterwards and see who was most right (and wrong!)
Here are my predictions:

Germany:
1) something on the collapse of Weimar
2) degrees of opposition

Cold War:
1) Arms control stuff
2) Something abscure like conflict in Africa, or the Middle East etc.

WW1:
Women on the homefront

HSC
Good idea for a thread...
and good choices...

World War I

Women on the Homefront (We did it for the trial)

Germany

Collapse of Weimar

Totalitarianism

Cold War

Choice of a conflict

Detente

Slush Puppy

World War I

The role and motivations of the Big Three at Versaille

I really hope it's not going to be on post war soldier and civilian expectations in Britain => has any schools posted this question? i mean that would be OUCH!

America

Origins/impact of Social conservatism between 1898-1929

Hopefully

Prohibition & impact on society

Cold War

This one i am really dreading :(

But there would have to a question on one of the two key events....dunno, like the ideological clash and its ramifications

or hopefully (hey, at least i'm optimistic)

the factors leading to the end of the Cold War

Guess we'll find out in a week :mad1:

Slush Puppy

what do u reckon the Hoover question can be on?

i saw a real biatch one on assessing Hoover's relationship with President Roosevelt....mmm...that's failure spelt in red ink

trishka

well......coz of last years questions,

GERMANY- it will either be on the fall of democracy and the rise of totlaitarianism..so the rise of Hitler, and the fall of Weimar
or
something that revolves around nationalism- so foreign policy

INDOCHINA- One question will SURELY involve Cambodia, while the other will be on the reasons for communist victory from 1969-1975

World War 1 Peace Movements

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE;) :( :cool: .....
and if we all fail.....:chainsaw: ..look out markers!! hehe

CorkDagga

WW1:

anything but homefront i hope!

America:

either 1) impact on society in 20's (prohabition etc.)

2) impact on society in 30's (depression - New deal etc.)

Hoover or Hearst:

their impact on american society during their time

Indochina:

Either why america lost or communists won. essentailly same question. (a million things to write on about that) that same question has been coming up in past HSC for as long as my history teacher can remember and hes pretty damn old

jenster

yeah i'd say the usa q will either be on social conservatism or evaluation of the new deal
the personality qs have to be one descriptive and one analyitical so that's pretty easy to assume...
first world war got to be total war / changing attitudes / nature of warfare which doesn't really narrow it down but luckily it's not just an essay and i should be able to get at least some marks
as for arab-is... dear lord please help

jenster

or peace, WWI could be on peace... damn. too much to revise. and there was a usa one last year on racism... which fits in with conservatism anyway

Arch-man

World War 1
Post-war expectations
Peace negotiations

Germany
Totalitarianism
Militarism

Indo-China
The South
Cambodia

Zenithliza

I think that the Germany question, whatever it is (probably totalitarianism) will be alot more 'toned down' compared to last year after the big hoo ha over how much harder the questions were compared to the other national studies.
I think the Cold war question will be whether it was purely an ideological struggle or on detente..

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I really hope for Germany theres a totalitarian question

Doylie

Arch-man, im pretty damn sure they wouldnt put a question on militarism two years in a row on Germany, so you still got on guess hehe :)
And tweakin, i can just say that youre a damn fool. What makes you think you can guarantee there wont be a question on Weimar? Id say the odds are that there will be a question Weimar.. And if there is, im gonna come back here and laugh in your face so hard...

Doylie

yeh bloody oath.. we'll cane em if there are 2 Weimar q's
its easy for you to complain about Modern, but i have Bsuiness on Thursday so count yourself lucky!!

tweakin

Originally posted by Doylie
Arch-man, im pretty damn sure they wouldnt put a question on militarism two years in a row on Germany, so you still got on guess hehe :)
And tweakin, i can just say that youre a damn fool. What makes you think you can guarantee there wont be a question on Weimar? Id say the odds are that there will be a question Weimar.. And if there is, im gonna come back here and laugh in your face so hard...
dont call me a fool.
I will be the one laughing at your sorry ass.
I didnt just come out and say it...
There has been many complaints to the board of studies about removing weimar from the syllabus, my history teacher has assured me that weimar will not be assessed in this years hsc...By Weimar i mean the actual course of the weimar rule... ie bruning etc.
I hope you spend all your study time on weimar and fail miserably.

:D

flosh's gurl

Originally posted by Doylie
Cold War:
1) Arms control stuff
2) Something abscure like conflict in Africa, or the Middle East etc.

i am realy hoping the quesation is on the arms race. our teacher has been saying that she thinks it will be for ages. i dont think its going to be pick a conflict b/c that was last year. i wish that the nazi germany one would be on racism but thats unlikely cause last years was on that too.

sif not 99

whatever tweakin and how the hell would your teacher know what is in the exam?????Is she on the exam setting committee or something??? oh yeah year 12 teachers cant go on that committee so unless she had a crystal ball she wouldn't have a clue....

by the sounds of it sounds like your teacher spoonfed ya, remember come friday you'll be doing it and I am praying for two weimar questions so ppl like u will be fucked up while ppl like Doylie and I will laugh our heads off and smile with glee!!! that you didnt learn what was in the syllabus
ahahah

Me8z

World War One : will be about women for sure

Cold War : what contributed to the ending of it, detente

Cuban Missile Crisis : how was the rest of the world affected

Herbie : how he helped the UN, deputy leader, split in party

ie. study verrrrry :eek: hard because this test is going to be verrrrry hard! :confused: I know NOTHING because we only finished the freakin' syllabus on Friday! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)