predicted UAIs and interviews (1 Viewer)

korry

HSC
N/A
hey i was just wondering....does the predicted UAI your school gives, affect whether u get an interview or not?
wat if u get much higher than what ur school predicted?

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
they do.... alot.

hopefully if your uai is high enough there's a chance that you might get a second round interview held in early january. unsw is sending out notices tomorrow and on tuesday.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The minimum UAI published by UNSW is 95.00

For first round interviews, the policy observed seems to be a minimum projected UAI of 98.00

For second round, the University states that students achieving better than expected way receive interviews for entry in the second round, and that a higher UAI will assure a better chance for award of an interview. This is generally interpreted to mean 98.00 again.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
they do.... alot.

Heh, that still remains to be seen. I personally believe UNSW has preferences on 2nd and 3rd UMAT sections only and that predicted UAI is irrelevent.

Still, doesn't hurt to tell your principal to predict high because truthfully- based on past statistics, unless you're getting 99+ for your uai, you'd better hope to God you did well in the other criteria if you stand any chance of Med...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i think unsw takes all 3 sections of the UMAT into considerations, but in the form of raw marks rather than percentiles. as there are larger range of mark distribution in part 2 ( from the marks ive seen anyway), it seemed more important when comparing percentiles.

the predicted UAI is important because it gives people who does not end up gettung 99 UAI a chance. some1 who ends up with UAI of 97 does okay in the umat and aces the interview might get in if he has a estimate of 99+ (so that he gets the chance of an interview). on the other hand if he got an estimate of 97, he wouldnt even be considered as he would never have been chosen for the interview.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Hmm...btw my constipated friend, have you done the interview yet?

korry

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
Still, doesn't hurt to tell your principal to predict high because truthfully- based on past statistics, unless you're getting 99+ for your uai, you'd better hope to God you did well in the other criteria if you stand any chance of Med...
haha sure i can just TELL the principal to predict 100 for me...if only it worked that way:rolleyes:

korry

HSC
N/A
so how many ppl do they take first round?

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
first round interview offers were said to be about 400 people.

gbong

HSC
so basicalli u hafta get ur principal to predict ur UAI in the top bands ie. in the 98 - 100 UAI bracket or else ur screwed for the interview

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Didn't you say some of the 100s missed out on med? Was it because of the UMAT or the interview?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Probably interview. Most of the 100s would have done well enough in section 3 (after smashing section 1)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
do you mean 100 as in the predicted uai or the actual uai? if the actual uai, then i would say the system a bit stuffed, i mean 100 uai basically means you're genius-like and how bad can an interview be? if you're smart enough to get 100, then surely you're smart enough to know how to answer the questions appropriately at interviews and show a bit of ppl skill.

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Probably interview. Most of the 100s would have done well enough in section 3 (after smashing section 1)
Probably interview - since most 100s probably only got a second round interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)