• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prediction: 2005 Hsc Economics Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Z_Nizzle

HSC
ok this is where u predict what questions u rekon the BOS ppl will give for this yrs extended responses.

Personally:
-I dont think there will be any on BOP or CAD because last yrs question covered it very well.

-There should most definately (fingers crossed) be one on FREE TRADE/ agreemenst...etc, because its very topical at the moment. Australia just finised signing one wt the US and working on a chinese ONE.

so yeah...wat u rekon.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
yeah maybe trade blocs possibly microeconomic reform also

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmmm question:

My had of eco dept came around to our classes to dicuss how we went in our Trial essay questions. There were two questions, one on globalisation and Australia, and the other on globalisation and another country. He said that we should NOT have chosen the 2nd question. He says that the HSC will NOT have a question on globalisation on a case study (other than Oz) and we would be crazy for preparing one. How can he say whats in the HSC or not? Isnt it quite possible that there will be a global question in it? My teacher dosent understand what the head of dept is saying either.....

Anyway hmm possible questions....

Well a BOP/CAD question could be addressed in a "effects of globalisation on Australia" type question" (A globalisation question is possible)

I also think Microeconomic reform. It is not as well known as Macro and past papers seemed to have being more macro focused.

Exchange rates was done last year; so probally wont be in again this year.

Free trade v Protection is a possibility (I would like to see that)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I would love a free trade v protection essay.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
maybe international organisations one.. and how they are helping out with all this disaster stuff happening.. effect on global economy stuff..

free trade and effect on economic issues...

leading edge are always saying one on conflicts or something..

Lisa05

HSC
I think there will be one on trade, agreements and blocs etc but i also think one could appear about divisons in the global economy, cause it is a good question which has not appeared for a while.
To Z Nizzle, study a second country because its more than likely to be in the HSC, if u chose not to its ur decision but i think you will be limiting you choice.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
boasboy said:
maybe international organisations one.. and how they are helping out with all this disaster stuff happening.. effect on global economy stuff..

They had the papers finalised at least 6 months ago. In fact they will soon begin drafting the 2006 HSC papers in a few months

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)