Predictions for 2011 HSC Geography Essay Questions? (1 Viewer)

jessxxxr

HSC
:( :( :( :( urban dynamics or whatever the whole topic is called its SO MUCH STUFF AHH
all i knnow about is Sydney.
As a case study, is Sydney only for urban dynamics?
or is it meant to be what we can talk about as a world city example? also, i'm guessing its the 'a city in the developed world'
and i know shit all bout mega cities, but should i be desperately trying to learn that? for a maybe mega cities question?

ecosystems my favourite!!!!! haha
hahah I'M HOPING FOR A MEGA CITIES QUESTION! i hate urban dynamics ughhh honestly im not even going to go over it that much because i know that if there does happen to be one of the essay questions on it (i don't think it will though) i'm avoiding it at all costs. but to answer your question, Sydney can be used as a world city example, as they usually ask to talk about the urban dynamics in one world city you've studied (Sydney)
and i love ecosystems too! haha :D

jessxxxr

HSC
I thought it was 3 essays also?
LOL what did you have in your trial?? they changed it so that from 2010 onwards you only have to do 2 essays, and they extended the short answers and the multiple choice

Last edited:

engie_benji

HSC
Ecosystems are the best :). How are you preparing for the essay question for it? Just going over biophysical interactions and management strategies?

And the format has changed hasnt it? If you look at last years test you choose 2 out of the 3 essays. Every year before that it has been all 3

jessxxxr

HSC
Ecosystems are the best :). How are you preparing for the essay question for it? Just going over biophysical interactions and management strategies?

And the format has changed hasnt it? If you look at last years test you choose 2 out of the 3 essays. Every year before that it has been all 3
that is exactly what im doingg!! i have an essay on the biophysical interactions and now i just need to write one on like the importance of protecting ecosystems and the strategies used

engie_benji

HSC
that is exactly what im doingg!! i have an essay on the biophysical interactions and now i just need to write one on like the importance of protecting ecosystems and the strategies used
Yay, now i feel like im on the right page! Your pretty much covered if you do that along with quickly looking over vulnerability and resilience (there wont be a 20 marker coz there was last year but maybe a short answer).

How are you studying the other 2 topics? Whats your eco activity?

jessxxxr

HSC
Yay, now i feel like im on the right page! Your pretty much covered if you do that along with quickly looking over vulnerability and resilience (there wont be a 20 marker coz there was last year but maybe a short answer).

How are you studying the other 2 topics? Whats your eco activity?
my economic activity is tourism and im hoping they ask a question like the nature, spatial patterns and future directions, and then i also have an essay on the sydney aquarium and the linkages and flows and global changes and all that jazz in case they go in that direction. but LOLLLLLL for the other topic, gosh urban places, i really hope there's a question on mega cities cause i just love that topic, i haven't even really looked over the dynamics yet but i know i need to cause there will probably be short answers and stuff on them, i just find it extremely bawwwwing. what's your economic activity?? how's your studying going?

engie_benji

HSC
my economic activity is tourism and im hoping they ask a question like the nature, spatial patterns and future directions, and then i also have an essay on the sydney aquarium and the linkages and flows and global changes and all that jazz in case they go in that direction. but LOLLLLLL for the other topic, gosh urban places, i really hope there's a question on mega cities cause i just love that topic, i haven't even really looked over the dynamics yet but i know i need to cause there will probably be short answers and stuff on them, i just find it extremely bawwwwing. what's your economic activity?? how's your studying going?
Yeh mine is tourism aswell. But id rather them ask about the factors affecting tourism. With urban places do you reckon if you know mega cities and those urban dynamics for sydney you'd be right? i do hope they ask mega cities and the challenges though. To be honest my study for geography is going crap, i am so over this hsc im burning out, need a break and ive only started for geography tonight. How is yours going?

jessxxxr

HSC
Yeh mine is tourism aswell. But id rather them ask about the factors affecting tourism. With urban places do you reckon if you know mega cities and those urban dynamics for sydney you'd be right? i do hope they ask mega cities and the challenges though. To be honest my study for geography is going crap, i am so over this hsc im burning out, need a break and ive only started for geography tonight. How is yours going?
yeahhh i think if you know the dynamics and mega cities you should be set for that, unless they ask a world cities question (i don't think so), in which case don't stress cause you'd probably be ok with the other 2 questions they ask anyway. Awww don't worry you sound like you know your stuff even if its not completely up to scratch, hahah im the laziest person out, my last exam before this one was last thursday for ancient and i was like yayyyy a whole week to study for geo yeahhh 100%!, but i only started really studying like 3 days ago hahah fail! i just can't wait until its over, i'll be free from the hsc for good! i just really want a band 6 and i know my teacher would be so happy, i just dont want to disappoint :(

engie_benji

HSC
yeahhh i think if you know the dynamics and mega cities you should be set for that, unless they ask a world cities question (i don't think so), in which case don't stress cause you'd probably be ok with the other 2 questions they ask anyway. Awww don't worry you sound like you know your stuff even if its not completely up to scratch, hahah im the laziest person out, my last exam before this one was last thursday for ancient and i was like yayyyy a whole week to study for geo yeahhh 100%!, but i only started really studying like 3 days ago hahah fail! i just can't wait until its over, i'll be free from the hsc for good! i just really want a band 6 and i know my teacher would be so happy, i just dont want to disappoint :(
haha what about skills? Anything you struggle with there? Im not the best at them :S

jessxxxr

HSC
haha what about skills? Anything you struggle with there? Im not the best at them :S
haha im actually ok with them, except for gradient, and i know gradient is apparently like the easiest thing i just alllwayysss! get it wrong no matter how many times people explain it its so annoying! :( buttt i went to the library today and got this whole book on geography skills for secondary students and it has explanations and so many practice questions on them, its so good so if you have time tomorrow maybe go and get a book like this to help! :D

engie_benji

HSC
yeh i told my mum to buy me an excel book one day but when i got it was shit for geography. Ahh well i should go alright, just practice some vertical exaggeration and stuff i suppose.

jessxxr

HSC
I meant two essays. my bad -.-
all gooood :) ahhhh im kinda freaking out, i really hope the extended responses are kind of basic and straight forward you knoww, hope everyone is doing good! we still have more than 24 hours until it even starts hahah plenty of time :D

sshannon

HSC
also, what the hell is this demise of small town crap!
from what i know, i think its supposed to be a part of mega cities or world cities or something, but that seems weird, and I dont get it

aw your'e all so lucky to have tourism! i wish we could have done that! would be way funner
our school did wine, its alright

jessxxr

HSC
also, what the hell is this demise of small town crap!
from what i know, i think its supposed to be a part of mega cities or world cities or something, but that seems weird, and I dont get it

aw your'e all so lucky to have tourism! i wish we could have done that! would be way funner
our school did wine, its alright
pretty much from reading from my notes, the whole jist of the 'demise of the small town' is as follows haha:
-telecommunications technologies are leading to the centralisation of business services into a relatively small number of world cities
-this process has a cascade effect through the urban system: from the national level, to the regional level and then to the local level
-the result at the local level is the decline, and even demise, of many small towns

:)

engie_benji

HSC
how important is the reason for managing ecosystems, like the intrinsic values, utility values etc? Is there a good chance there'll be a qu on that?

treidy

HSC
countdown is on niggers!!!! anyone else finish today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)