Predictions for English Advanced 2023 HSC Questions (1 Viewer)

zlum23

HSC
What are your predictions for each of the essays/Modules?
- ComMod: 1984
- Mod A: Tempest/Hag-Seed
- Mod B: TS Eliot (do you think they will give us freedom with what poems we can use?)
- Mod C: Discursive or Creative (same as above)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
- Mod B: TS Eliot (do you think they will give us freedom with what poems we can use?)
Mod C: Using a character from one of your prescribed texts, compose a persuasive piece which explores the idea of the need for change. (20 marks)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
ts eliot its 5050 whether they prescribe or not, and its probably either rhapsody/preludes/prufrock since most poeple do them
I'll be real with you they might not do the most 'popular' poems as the extract. I do Keats' poetry for Module A and the first time they did extracts and out of the 7 poems they picked the silliest, most irrelevant poem as an extract (my teacher said many of the cohort when it was tested decided to overlook because it was so short and so unlike the rest of the poems), so be prepared for anything tbh

elmio023

HSC
Mod C: Using a character from one of your prescribed texts, compose a persuasive piece which explores the idea of the need for change. (20 marks)
How could you do a persuasive/discursive using a character from prescribed text. Writing it from their perspective? Name dropping them? What are some other ideas

howcanibesmarter

HSC
I'll be real with you they might not do the most 'popular' poems as the extract. I do Keats' poetry for Module A and the first time they did extracts and out of the 7 poems they picked the silliest, most irrelevant poem as an extract (my teacher said many of the cohort when it was tested decided to overlook because it was so short and so unlike the rest of the poems), so be prepared for anything tbh
yea i already have all of thoese poems in my essays already, its just for the popular ones i did 1

amy.q18

HSC
com mod -> inconsistencies, motivations, anomalies, paradox or a concept like 2019

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
its common with std so the paper 1 essay can't be too hard which is why its been generic so far
i do think API is likely tho

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I'm genuinely curious why people don't think it'll be a thematic essay this year?? I got the vibe that it would be on a specific theme seeing as they haven't done that since 2019

carrotsss

HSC
I'm genuinely curious why people don't think it'll be a thematic essay this year?? I got the vibe that it would be on a specific theme seeing as they haven't done that since 2019
who even knows atp there are too many possibilities

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)