Predictions for the 2013 ancient history exam! (1 Viewer)

SuperMike96

HSC
I hope religion. I hope they don't pull out something obscure for the short answer questions...

Anyone doing the Julio-Claudians? What are the chances that they specify an emperor?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'm P'd off because it's like 2 days after English. Ugh.

P&H = Um, well I think 2011 paper was basically ALL religion... I can't recall which paper it was...
Historical period = NKE - T4. I am screwed either option.
Personality = Hatshepsut (gotta BS a bit here and there)
Society = Sparta (OMG if it is an extended response on food like the trials I will commit suicide)

rebeccatommo

HSC
I am usually really good at Sparta but the trial paper for it made me feel like I knew nothing on it. I hope food isnt in there or else.
Im doing the Pelop war for historical period and let me tell you it is terrible.
Personality= Alexander the Great (........ eugh)

hlacoste

HSC
I'm calling a 'year of the 4 emperors' question for the Julio-Claudians

sammie293

HSC
I really hope there's some art in pompeii
for sparta i reckon they'll repeat social structure or religion as always
personality: cleo ~anything except portrayals as a ruler, legacy
period: augustus i'm worried for this as i don't know anything :S

maddiestevens

HSC
pomp/herc- ethical issues regarding conservation/reconstruction
hatshepsut personality- relationship with officials & how she legitimised her claim to throne
historical period NKE to death of Amenhotep 11- no idea lol, hoping building programs
society Egypt - 10-15 marker on officials or importance of religious cults and priesthoods

anyone else screwed for historical period?! I can't study that much crap lol

gleeek

HSC
hatshepsut personality- relationship with officials & how she legitimised her claim to throne
historical period NKE to death of Amenhotep 11- no idea lol, hoping building programs
society Egypt - 10-15 marker on officials or importance of religious cults and priesthoods

Amen

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

LOL I wrote I'm screwed either way.
Apparently the average for that entire section is like 13/25 LOL

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I can't remember, it was definitely somewhere here on BOS.
Someone's raw marks perhaps?
I can't remember, but it was for NKE - ThutIV.
But they said something like - "Since people do shit in that section, if you get an average mark (say around 17/18) it has a huge impact on the scaling etc"

Lina3

HSC
I'm P'd off because it's like 2 days after English. Ugh.

P&H = Um, well I think 2011 paper was basically ALL religion... I can't recall which paper it was...
Historical period = NKE - T4. I am screwed either option.
Personality = Hatshepsut (gotta BS a bit here and there)
Society = Sparta (OMG if it is an extended response on food like the trials I will commit suicide)
Don't worry, it's very unlikely. If there is something on food it would be part of a larger question on everyday life or something. I have a Sparta book written by this renowned historian that basically addresses all the dot points in waaay to much detail, and even he has literally like two short paragraphs on it.

My Predictions:
P & H- Not sure about that but, hope its anything but religion!
Sparta- I'd say cultural life, since they have tended towards general questions for the past few years and haven't asked that yet.
Akhenaten (Personality)-Akhetaten and maybe something to do with religious reforms.
18 and 19th Dynasty Egypt- Assessing the reign of a particular pharaoh (Amenhotep III, Seti I and Ramesses II are most likely) OR Building programs during the period.

Last edited:
HSC
Any guesses for the Alexander question?

Sparta ..... I think they will be really specific again but I don't think it would be on food tbh.

smiggles

HSC
[/B]

Wow.. Where'd you hear that
Yep, my Ancient history teacher is a experienced HSC marker, and he said the average is closer to 11/25, because most people don't even answer the question cause they don't start it.

walshy12238

HSC
It would be unbelievably cruel to make a food question the longer question for Sparta. Hopefully they don't do it.

For the JCs, I'm thinking maybe a Year of the 4 Emperors or Praetorian Guard question - they haven't asked those in a long time. I know one of last year's ones was an army question, but the PG specifically hasn't been asked since 2008. I doubt there'll be an admin question because they've asked a few of those in the last couple of years, but you never know. Also, the Senate could be likely as well, the last one of those was 2010 and not much before that.

P&H, maybe a few on public buildings or religion. I'm not too sure though.

racecarboob

HSC
what? 11/25 for a fall of republic essay last section questions as an average sounds too low.....

crog1234

HSC
Why did everyone find food for Sparta so hard?

Basically any of the Spartan syllabus can be related to the military ethos
E.g. food could include the helots who tend the kleros for the Spartiates who then take the food to the syssitia. They eat food that is healthy, so they are strong to fight. Could list the food they eat, even list of resources in Sparta, talk about how they dont drink much wine ...

You can do this for any Sparta question, its all related

walshy12238

HSC
Try talking about that for a 15 mark question though, like it was in the Catholic trial.

I also reckon they'll throw in some government stuff for P&H, there's enough there for a longer response question or a few multiple choices. I also don't think many people pay much attention to it.

crog1234

HSC
Try talking about that for a 15 mark question though, like it was in the Catholic trial.

I also reckon they'll throw in some government stuff for P&H, there's enough there for a longer response question or a few multiple choices. I also don't think many people pay much attention to it.
Yeah I did Catholic trial, got 13/15 for that question. Markers suggested talking about cheese stealing ritual and kings food. So I guess just throw in as much info as possible.

I agree P&H will be government, ethics, maybe forum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)