Predictions for the 2013 ancient history exam! (1 Viewer)

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad

From now until the start of the ancient history exam tomorrow all of my notes will be half price!

If you need an extra edge or just want to memorise some more quotes now is the best time to do it!

Each module only $7.50
4 modules $25

get in quick, i'll be on my emails all night!!!

louielouiee94@gmail.com

Last edited:

ICBF

HSC
Anyone part of the Fall of the Roman Republic Master Race?
Remember only plebians doubt Pompey. Pompey essay practically confirmed by CSSA.
other than that, P&H i'm feeling women as short answer and idk about 10 marker
Pericles (person) - last year sorta threw a spanner in the works, banking on legacy + rise to prominence/ building program
Pericles (time of) - 10 mk government or Agora? otherwise probably a question on the Piraeus or the economy probably

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
I've got a weird feeling that the extended response question for Sparta will be on TGR
probably wrong but meh

zhusalmz

HSC
Yeah I did Catholic trial, got 13/15 for that question. Markers suggested talking about cheese stealing ritual and kings food. So I guess just throw in as much info as possible.

I agree P&H will be government, ethics, maybe forum
not sure if serious, it was about the sysstia. talk about the development messes, old + young talking together and how it was completely opposite to other greek societies? then you could talk about the allocated kleroi and how the helots farmed the food for sysstia or even turn it into a historical arguement about exclusive messes for elite of society etc

edit - I just read the quote from the paper, your markers are retarded

edit again, the cheese stealing comp REALLY? what the fuck does that have to do with food, it used to be human sacrifices until Lycurgus outlawed.

i got 13/15 addressing all of the above, mfw if you got 13/15 talking about a cheese stealing competition and kings getting double rations

Last edited:

mclericp

HSC
i did a bit of calculations

i m doing pompeii, sparta to 371, greek 500-440, xerxes personality
Pompeii/Herc: 6 marker: Political stuff. Really. Else baths. The 10 marker at the end reconstruct the past with new interpretations(jashemski, jongman etc)

sparta to 371: Geography or ephorate/land. The big mark at the end is probably about spartan cultural life Or explain the lycurgan reforms.

Greek 500-440. Oh god i hate this one. The persian war question would be 'to what extend were leaders responsible for success/failure'. So u can talk about thermistocles, xerxes, pausanius. 3 guys enough. The postwar one would be account for sparta's relationship with athens. Anyway 1 question, 25 marks, if u dont know BOTH questions, u r screwed big time.

Xerxes personality: the 10 marker could be revolts. 15 marker could be assess xerxes' legacy. I HOPE IT IS NOT IMPACT AND INFLUENCE cuz i m gonna die...

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
i did a bit of calculations

i m doing pompeii, sparta to 371, greek 500-440, xerxes personality
Pompeii/Herc: 6 marker: Political stuff. Really. Else baths. The 10 marker at the end reconstruct the past with new interpretations(jashemski, jongman etc)

sparta to 371: Geography or ephorate/land. The big mark at the end is probably about spartan cultural life Or explain the lycurgan reforms.

Greek 500-440. Oh god i hate this one. The persian war question would be 'to what extend were leaders responsible for success/failure'. So u can talk about thermistocles, xerxes, pausanius. 3 guys enough. The postwar one would be account for sparta's relationship with athens. Anyway 1 question, 25 marks, if u dont know BOTH questions, u r screwed big time.

Xerxes personality: the 10 marker could be revolts. 15 marker could be assess xerxes' legacy. I HOPE IT IS NOT IMPACT AND INFLUENCE cuz i m gonna die...

I think a 'explain' question would be too easy... and throw a lot of people off.
Expecting something like "In reference to source provided, assess the extent to which the TGR influenced Spartan society and social life"

ICBF

HSC
what you think fall of republic essay will be a pompey one???
It seems like fate really.
I've had a Pompey question for half-yearlies and trials, so i'm banking for it happen again for HSC. For the other probably something to do with the relationship between octavian and antony.
I just hope its not like last year,
Cicero + Failure of the second triumverate
Horrifying.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Nek minnut, gives us source of human remains and asks us to "use this source and your own knowledge" to describe roles of the Aediles.
I was laughing until I had wiki to find out what the Aedile is :cold:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I was laughing until I had wiki to find out what the Aedile is :cold:
Lol. It's okay, I don't even know the answer to the question...
I was mocking our trials where the statue was apparently related to the issue of displaying human remains.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Okay so there's this dot point in Sparta: "funerary customs and rituals"

Literally have jackshit on it?! Wut

zhusalmz

HSC
kings buried with full honors huge deal tons of stuff etc. If Spartiate died in battle or childbirth marked grave - if not no marked grave - not meant to be buried with possessions only red cape + olive leaves (traced back to Lycurgan reforms)- archaeologists have found evidence of people buried with weapons pottery etc so not entirely true.

theres a bunch of stuff on kings funerals not so much on normal people

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
kings buried with full honors huge deal tons of stuff etc. If Spartiate died in battle or childbirth marked grave - if not no marked grave - not meant to be buried with possessions only red cape + olive leaves (traced back to Lycurgan reforms)- archaeologists have found evidence of people buried with weapons pottery etc so not entirely true.

theres a bunch of stuff on kings funerals not so much on normal people
Oh thanks :)

jenniferfranco

HSC
Pretty confident with Sparta "THIS IS SPARTA!" i hope the cleopatra question will be about her relationship with Caesar and Antony Greek world 500-440 BC i hope they use Leonidas or Miltiades as a personality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)