• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for the Business Studies HSC exam? (18 Viewers)

rev668

HSC
wait so hows everyone prepping for essays and the business report
i might send thru a essay to my teacher and if its alr ill just leave it, my best mark this year was a 15/20, hopefully its just harsh marking cause im in a top 20 school but extended response drags me down

idk123233

HSC
i might send thru a essay to my teacher and if its alr ill just leave it, my best mark this year was a 15/20, hopefully its just harsh marking cause im in a top 20 school but extended response drags me down
that goooddd than, top 20 school ur set than bro

aqwerty13402

HSC
wait so hows everyone prepping for essays and the business report
essays - practice how to integrate theory with case studies
reports - just practice strucutre (they're basiclaly short answer but just do heaps of contextualising with the example business)

sainzsgf

HSC
honestly i am praying for a paper like 2014 i would've ate up the business report so bad its not even funny and the short answer was good too urgh PLEASE NESA

aqwerty13402

HSC
surely give some tips on how to get full marks for short answers
remember that I am a yr 12 student too so these might be trash but

The biggest thing IMO is contextualizing to the stimulus. This is also the same with your business reports. So start with a general answer of the question (explaining the influence/process/strategy etc). Then a sentence or two (depending on mark allocation) about why this leads to business success (or whatever q is asking). Then spend 1-2 sentences contextualizing deeply HOW the business would do this.

Don't just say, "Boost Clothing could utilize leading edge technology to increase the quality of output". That's basic. You need to be super specific. i.e. "Boost clothing could utilise leading edge technology, by purchasing innoative machinary that seemlessly stitches buttons to their shirts. This can increase the durability of BC's clothing, preventing them from ripping, therby increasing the quality and dependability of their products." - even this i would add a little bit more detail, but its from the top of my head so i cant think too much.

Also remember that 9 times out of 10, there is a little part of the stimulus, that correlates to the questions asked. So if they ask about environmental sustainability, there is probably something in there about them being reluctant to utilise plastic straws etc. So make sure you also use the info given.

Hope that helps a bit

ihatehsc24

the screen to the ring to the pen to the king
HSC
remember that I am a yr 12 student too so these might be trash but

The biggest thing IMO is contextualizing to the stimulus. This is also the same with your business reports. So start with a general answer of the question (explaining the influence/process/strategy etc). Then a sentence or two (depending on mark allocation) about why this leads to business success (or whatever q is asking). Then spend 1-2 sentences contextualizing deeply HOW the business would do this.

Don't just say, "Boost Clothing could utilize leading edge technology to increase the quality of output". That's basic. You need to be super specific. i.e. "Boost clothing could utilise leading edge technology, by purchasing innoative machinary that seemlessly stitches buttons to their shirts. This can increase the durability of BC's clothing, preventing them from ripping, therby increasing the quality and dependability of their products." - even this i would add a little bit more detail, but its from the top of my head so i cant think too much.

Also remember that 9 times out of 10, there is a little part of the stimulus, that correlates to the questions asked. So if they ask about environmental sustainability, there is probably something in there about them being reluctant to utilise plastic straws etc. So make sure you also use the info given.

Hope that helps a bit
This helps a lot, cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 9)