Predictions (1 Viewer)

jshao2003

HSC
Hey, I just wanted to know if schools gave you guys a predicted ATAR (if you are not afraid to share of course :)). And do you think it is accurate with what you think you are going to get?

black.mamba

HSC
Hey, I just wanted to know if schools gave you guys a predicted ATAR (if you are not afraid to share of course :)). And do you think it is accurate with what you think you are going to get?
My school (grammar) gave a predicted atar (using trial rank only, compared to atars achieved by past cohorts), so I don't think it's particularly reliable. I think grammar slightly overestimates when giving out predicted atars but I don't think that's common with most other top schools (ruse, for example, gives predicted atars on the lower side). Overall, predicted atars seem to be quite accurate (usually within 0.2 for 98+ from what I know from the year above) considering they only use internals.

Just a quick question though, why ask about predicted atars after completing the HSC?

Nikolerak

HSC
My school (grammar) gave a predicted atar (using trial rank only, compared to atars achieved by past cohorts), so I don't think it's particularly reliable. I think grammar slightly overestimates when giving out predicted atars but I don't think that's common with most other top schools (ruse, for example, gives predicted atars on the lower side). Overall, predicted atars seem to be quite accurate (usually within 0.2 for 98+ from what I know from the year above) considering they only use internals.

Just a quick question though, why ask about predicted atars after completing the HSC?
Because people are anxiously waiting for their ATARs and are trying to predict them. I wish my school has given me a prediction as I have absolutely no idea what kind of ATAR I can hope for :(

GuaranteedHDs

HSC

noob hbd

tokyocalling

HSC
Did not expect to find you on here! I am confident that you will do amazingly, trust.

jkjkjk

HSC
do u guys predict music school is gonna be in top 150 this year?

quickoats

HSC
do u guys predict music school is gonna be in top 150 this year?
Depends on the number of students - they go in and out of the rankings bc you need at least 30? students to be included in the rankings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)