Preferences?!?!? (1 Viewer)

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
Does the order matter?? I mean will the uni know which order you placed the subject in???

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
1qaz2wsxokm said:
Does the order matter?? I mean will the uni know which order you placed the subject in???
The order does matter!!!!!!!!
When considering your preferences they work down the list. If you don't meet hte requirements for ur first preference they go to ur second. If you meet the requirements for ur 2nd preference they stop there for that round and don't consider the later ones

Riviet

HSC
N/A
1. Your first preference, ie the one you most want to study!

2. Your second preference, ie the one you want to study second most!

3. You third preference, etc...

Optophobia

HSC
This is tricky. The UAC don't really explain it enough and some people get tricked by assumptions.

Yes, i'm sure it probably does say *somewhere* how it works, but obviously not clearly enough because i've met lots of people who got owned by it.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I was told you get considered for each preference equally no matter if its 2nd or 5th, so you wont miss out because its lower on your list if you are eligible unless you get accepted for something b4 that.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i think ive asked this before but i forget the answer :eek: say your uai is good enough for you to get into any one of your preferences. do you get offers for each course you are eligible for? or do you simply get offered the first one and the rest are discarded. also, if you get an offer for your first pref but then decide you actually want #2 or whatever, you can change the prefs around before the second round cant you?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
an anecdote: my friend assumed you apply for whatever you want, and then get in to the courses on your list that your UAI is above the cutoff for. he got into some crappy course he really didn't want to do. Needless to say he was stressing heavily as he awaited second round offers. luckily he got in. the end.

Optophobia

HSC
^^ that is what a lot of people assume. It is sort of the logical thing to assume, but they don't realise that if they did it like that, then there would be no way to determine a UAI cut-off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)