Preferences (1 Viewer)

Glorious

HSC
Hey guys. Was just wondering about the amount of course preferences you put for UAC. I've only got three preferences and that's because with what i want to do, it's very restrictive. I'm not sure if i'm limiting myself? But I mean, I have a good feeling i'll be accepted in one of the first two preferences, so yeah... I just don't understand how people have 9 preferences, unless you put totally random courses that aren't even relevant to what your interests are.

Glorious

HSC
Criminology at UNSW - 85.2
Arts majoring in criminology at UNSW - 80
Social science at UNSW - 76ish.

I'm heading towards an atar of 90ish, hopefully. Originally, my first pref was law and criminology combined, but i weighed down the chances of me getting into it, and it was near impossible, so i thought i'd rather not waste that preference.

enoilgam

HSC

I'm heading towards an atar of 90ish, hopefully. Originally, my first pref was law and criminology combined, but i weighed down the chances of me getting into it, and it was near impossible, so i thought i'd rather not waste that preference.
I think you should put law/criminology, you have nothing to lose. Also, which universities offer law/criminology.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC

You're not wasting a preference when you still have 6 free to utilise. You have nothing to lose by applying for it, plus you never know, you might surprise yourself. :)

Glorious

HSC
UWS is the only uni other than UNSW that offers it undergrad. Usyd is postgrad. So yeah, i guess i dont have anything to lose, but I don't know - its sort of like im deluding myself into thinking ill get into it LOL!

P.S: I do not want to go to UWS.

Last edited:

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
um with the 9 preferences,

people recommend
1-3 ~ Desired Course (The higher end cut off courses)
4-6 ~ realistic (the ones you are likely to make in e.g. miss the cut off by 1 atar or something)
7-9 ~ what you will be guranteed to get in (something below the atar you are expected to get)

not that i followed this >.> well maybe

HSC
N/A
i only have one preference in both UAC and QTAC , and im 100% sure imma get into both of them

so dont worry ? haha :)

izzy88

HSC
you can also always change your preferences when you get your ATAR. What you put down now isn't the final say. (I changed my preferences when my UAI came out). :)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Hey guys. Was just wondering about the amount of course preferences you put for UAC. I've only got three preferences and that's because with what i want to do, it's very restrictive. I'm not sure if i'm limiting myself? But I mean, I have a good feeling i'll be accepted in one of the first two preferences, so yeah... I just don't understand how people have 9 preferences, unless you put totally random courses that aren't even relevant to what your interests are.
Put the same/similar course at various universities.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
um with the 9 preferences,

people recommend
1-3 ~ Desired Course (The higher end cut off courses)
4-6 ~ realistic (the ones you are likely to make in e.g. miss the cut off by 1 atar or something)
7-9 ~ what you will be guranteed to get in (something below the atar you are expected to get)

not that i followed this >.> well maybe
I agree with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)