Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Other subject/s always gets in the way, namely and predominantly English.
Yeah, well for me, English is easy rn, I'm pretty lazy, write some drafts, go into the exam and get a sold 13/15 or 18/20, which I'm happy with. I just focus a lot more on my accelerated class, which is a terrible habit. Term 3, new term, time to fix up my studying habits and decide what works for me before Term 4.

truth has never been truer

Really dislike maths but would be willing to invest more hrs on maths anyday over engrish
Should multi quote.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Maths should be compulsory not English.

When will BOSTES ever understand?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
What if I make a change.org petition? Do you think I may be able to get support in this? I guess it takes only 15-20 000 signatures and it goes to the education minister...

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
hey guys! just chiming in here

how are you all going with these holidays so far? i was so excited to finally get stuff done and just power through the first week and be done with work, so that next week is all free, but heh almost nothing is done and its already thursday ;_; extension english... why u do dis!?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
haha and i thought i was the only one

Have like a metre high stack of homework i have to do, and i just look at it and then go back to sleep lol

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Maths should be compulsory not English.

When will BOSTES ever understand?
They understand but for the past 30+ years, they gave no fk
Making maths compulsory is a reasonable thing to do ideally, but considering how poor our maths education is at the moment; especially with the shockingly poor syllabus and terrible quality of teachers; it's not the best idea to force students to do maths in year 11 and 12 yet.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hmm let's do some estimations for this petition...
There are ~60k students who sit the The HSC.

Only 50% of the students will hear about this petition and only 30% will go and sign it making it ~20k signatures.

Let's also include the citizens of this state and probably across Australia and let's say 10k signatures (kind of clueless on this one) sign it.

That's ~30k estimates base signatures if it goes to plan, enough for ministerial action by state parliament and or BOS.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Hmm let's do some estimations for this petition...
There are ~60k students who sit the The HSC.

Only 50% of the students will hear about this petition and only 30% will go and sign it making it ~20k signatures.

Let's also include the citizens of this state and probably across Australia and let's say 10k signatures (kind of clueless on this one) sign it.

That's ~30k estimates base signatures if it goes to plan, enough for ministerial action by state parliament and or BOS.
aye to that

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Kind of unrealistic... but miracles can happen

Last edited:
HSC
Is it true that there use to be a subject called extension Chemistry? My teacher told me about it, but I didn't quite believe her. She said it was cancelled because it was way too hard

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it true that there use to be a subject called extension Chemistry? My teacher told me about it, but I didn't quite believe her. She said it was cancelled because it was way too hard
Well there use to be extension Economics too :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)