Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
ok well im a bit late in replying to everything here, but i wanna drop physics (t_____t) and SDD and pick up 4U ENGLISH

yes. 4U english. For 3 reasons: im gonna make a movie, there are no hsc exams at the end of the year, im good at long term projects
that means altogether ill be doing 9 units next year huehue because of IPT that i did last year making it 11.

Im thinking of picking up german extension just for the fact that it's german, seeing that i wanna live there and all. But still i wanna have a whole bunch of time for my 4u project, so im not sure yet.

Out of interest, is anyone doing a major project next year for their HSC? This geography project is literally killing me- ok that was a hyperbole- I feel for those who are gonna do the pip next year.
yep, im doing the english major work where ill be making the movie :D
i did do IPT last year where i had to do a major project, but that was in year 10 where the stress levels were probably no where near to where year 12 will be.. but i went good (50/50 :p) and it wasnt too bad. I was very undecisive though, where i started off making a movie, changing it a lot and ending up making a database.

It's all about time management! If you plan your project well, and break it down into parts, and set time frames and goals then it will be very manageable and good!

blackbird_14

HSC
yep, im doing the english major work where ill be making the movie :D
i did do IPT last year where i had to do a major project, but that was in year 10 where the stress levels were probably no where near to where year 12 will be.. but i went good (50/50 :p) and it wasnt too bad. I was very undecisive though, where i started off making a movie, changing it a lot and ending up making a database.

It's all about time management! If you plan your project well, and break it down into parts, and set time frames and goals then it will be very manageable and good!
Yeah- that's what projects are good at teaching you- time management! Good luck with your extension 2 project, I've got a music composition to do in year 12- and I'm not looking forward to that. At least we get like nearly a whole year not like 6 weeks.

Last edited:

blackbird_14

HSC
Today may have been one of the worst days for me thus far. I found out my favourite maths teacher is leaving at the end of this week....Words cant explain how generous and humble he is. I've had him since year 7 (apart from this year) and he has helped me study for every single test and has always been there when i needed advice or when i was distraught. The most devastating part is that he's not gonna be here in my most important year of my life, plus he is the only good 4u teacher at the school. He's been like a father figure to me and i've learnt soo many things from him then just maths. I hope that which ever school he goes to appreciates what a great teacher they have gained.

To make things worse, i got a shitty english mark for test and a disappointing chem mark as well even though chem is one of my strong points and i really did expect myself to get >95%. Getting those marks and hearing that news was a trigger of just rage and i took it out on all my friends when all they wanted to do was help me.

Im gonna take some time off studying and BOS, cause today was way too overwhelming and i need some time to reflect.
..Ill talk to you guys later
Dude that really sucks- and like me- you rage out at your friends trying to help you- gosh I've done that too many times so they know to approach with caution if I'm unsettled about something. (I'm the grizzly bear ahahahaha). Hopefully the teacher you get in 4u is half decent.
If you aren't in the zone, trying to do anything won't be very productive at all- so hopefully this time off will help you arrange your thoughts.

But on a different note: I quit maths tutoring today... that may be the best or the worst decision ever
Well now you have more time to focus on areas that you need improving in all subjects so I would take it as a good thing :D - but I guess you could always go back to tutoring afterward if you need to.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Yeah- that's what projects are good at teaching you- time management! Good luck with your extension 2 project, I've got a music composition to do in year 12- and I'm not looking forward to that. At least we get like nearly a whole year not like 6 weeks.
Good luck with music! Yeah, a whole year is much better than 6 weeks!! Think, that at least by the end of high school you will have your own awesome original composition that you could use as portfolio material if you want :)

blackbird_14

HSC
Good luck with music! Yeah, a whole year is much better than 6 weeks!! Think, that at least by the end of high school you will have your own awesome original composition that you could use as portfolio material if you want :)
Aww thanks kitty :) I wonder if I'll want to keep it or burn it by the end of Year 12- guess it depends how I go

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Today may have been one of the worst days for me thus far. I found out my favourite maths teacher is leaving at the end of this week....Words cant explain how generous and humble he is. I've had him since year 7 (apart from this year) and he has helped me study for every single test and has always been there when i needed advice or when i was distraught. The most devastating part is that he's not gonna be here in my most important year of my life, plus he is the only good 4u teacher at the school. He's been like a father figure to me and i've learnt soo many things from him then just maths. I hope that which ever school he goes to appreciates what a great teacher they have gained.

To make things worse, i got a shitty english mark for test and a disappointing chem mark as well even though chem is one of my strong points and i really did expect myself to get >95%. Getting those marks and hearing that news was a trigger of just rage and i took it out on all my friends when all they wanted to do was help me.

Im gonna take some time off studying and BOS, cause today was way too overwhelming and i need some time to reflect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its Prelim, nothing in Year 11 counts.
So, take some time out and go chill, its Term 3 of Year 11, not Term 1 of Year 12 :)

But I get what you mean, I was so use to getting 95% + in Business Studies, that the minute I rekted my internals with an 80%, I cried a little on the inside and I still can't get over it now.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Finished 2 trial papers from ruse and hornsby girls. Hornsby girls' paper is harder than ruse lol
Ridiculous amount of silly mistakes, I want to punch myself so fkn HARD.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Finished 2 trial papers from ruse and hornsby girls. Hornsby girls' paper is harder than ruse lol
Do you have any Business Studies ones from those schools?

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Maths papers are probably easier to have access to from Selective schools. Business is kind of a neglected subject seeing its low scaling, I guess.

Sien

HSC
I don't get the pt of mathematical induction... :< why am I studying 3u when I'm supposed to be studying 2u.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Maths papers are probably easier to have access to from Selective schools. Business is kind of a neglected subject seeing its low scaling, I guess.
yep can confirm. my school doesnt offer it, but my brother school does - also as an accelerated subject i think though

Ambility

HSC
You're doing trial papers? You're in year 11, aren't you?

Ambility

HSC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sucks buddy. I remember in year 10 when my favourite maths teacher got transferred. I feel your pain.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea I'm in accelerated. at least I'm not alone doing the hsc this yr, wll is doing is hers this yr too

So why's everyone still online at like 1am lol
Perfect time to be awake :eek:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
2016'ers! Can I ask exactly where you are up to in 2U Maths, as in the topics?

List them from previous to current, I want to compare if we are 2 topics behind as said by my maths teacher

Last edited:

Sien

HSC
2016'ers! Can I ask exactly where you are up to in 2U Maths, as in the topics?

List them from previous to current, I want to compare if we are 2 topics behind as said by my maths teacher
How many topics do you have left? You should be about finished by wk3

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
yep can confirm. my school doesnt offer it, but my brother school does - also as an accelerated subject i think though
Yeah, we don't offer some subjects too. And thats with every variation in each school.
But I know a few schools that have Business Studies like Sydney Boys and Hornsby Girls, just that its not as popular since a lot of people take up 4U maths and then have a variation of Sciences because Humanities is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Also, Business Studies Preliminaries is one of the most boring subjects that a lot of people drop and most people don't even make it to HSC. So anyone who makes it to HSC Business Studies, I applaud them because Preliminaries is like flogging a dead horse.

Also, my school being in the rank 100s, we only get about 30 people who have a 90+ ATAR, and a lot of students take TAFE courses or VET courses which don't count as units to the HSC, meaning they didn't have the ambition to be in the HSC anyways. This is why we have like ONE legit 3U class, where everyone is getting around 80% + and then the other two classes are a joke with their 30 - 50%. Our purely 2U classes are pretty weak too. And about 25 people doing Economics, and 50-ish Physics students (which may drop lower in Year 12) out of a possible 230.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)