Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Am I the only Asian kid who's highly interested in Chemistry and the fact that it's the study of change, and how I research everything about Chemistry experiments and perform it in his own time for the kicks? Seriously guys? No one? Just mainly Maths and English? Really guys? LIke how are you guys not interested in making fireworks or to see a liquid change colour because that shit is sick!!!!! Unlike Mathematics, what is so good about it? You guys do Math to see equations change and shit? My god
lol

MilkyCat_

HSC
Am I the only Asian kid who's highly interested in Chemistry and the fact that it's the study of change, and how I research everything about Chemistry experiments and perform it in his own time for the kicks? Seriously guys? No one? Just mainly Maths and English? Really guys? LIke how are you guys not interested in making fireworks or to see a liquid change colour because that shit is sick!!!!! Unlike Mathematics, what is so good about it? You guys do Math to see equations change and shit? My god
Ur a special one

HSC
I like English though, William Shakespeare was a cool guy. My name is William, and I met a lot of Williams out there and I pretty much killed all of them because I want to remain the alpha. BUT SHAKESPEARE? DAM HIS MY GUY. Am I right ladies?

MilkyCat_

HSC
Do people use the large a4 binders or the small ones?????

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I used a large one to begin with (i.e. In year 11), but I honestly believe that it's dependent on the subject and the teacher.

My chemistry, physics and business studies teachers do not write up notes on the board.

The chemistry teacher gives us Conquering Chem worksheets, so I have no need for a book

The physics teacher gives us Surfing Physics Worksheets, they have no space to write on, so I use a book

For business studies we are given a workbook and a textbook (I have a digital copy on my surface), so I don't need a book for this either

I definitely need books for Maths

I use my Surface to take down any notes in English, because I can then print them off easily

So this time round I'm going with a 2 ring binder

MilkyCat_

HSC
I used a large one to begin with (i.e. In year 11), but I honestly believe that it's dependent on the subject and the teacher.

My chemistry, physics and business studies teachers do not write up notes on the board.

The chemistry teacher gives us Conquering Chem worksheets, so I have no need for a book

The physics teacher gives us Surfing Physics Worksheets, they have no space to write on, so I use a book

For business studies we are given a workbook and a textbook (I have a digital copy on my surface), so I don't need a book for this either

I definitely need books for Maths

I use my Surface to take down any notes in English, because I can then print them off easily

So this time round I'm going with a 2 ring binder
Okay thanks
I was more worried about carrying them around though, like the bigger ones seem like they would be harder to hold idk

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Okay thanks
I was more worried about carrying them around though, like the bigger ones seem like they would be harder to hold idk
Haha that was no problem for me, I'm a bit over 6 foot and my hands are huge

If you want to avoid the big ones though buy the smaller books (128 pages ~ ish) and you will be able to fit around 5~ish inside a two ring binder

MilkyCat_

HSC
Haha that was no problem for me, I'm a bit over 6 foot and my hands are huge

If you want to avoid the big ones though buy the smaller books (128 pages ~ ish) and you will be able to fit around 5~ish inside a two ring binder
I was thinking about having a small one for each of the subjects that needed one (physics, chem, english, sor), so I keep my things more organised

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Here is a system that I use:

I have a big binder with all my work at home ...

And then I do work on A4 pieces of paper , and the end of each week , I put the papers in the big binder

Less weight on you and it tests your knowledge xd

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I was thinking about having a small one for each of the subjects that needed one (physics, chem, english, sor), so I keep my things more organised
That's also a great idea

What I'm doing now is having:

1) A display folder with all worksheets

2) Flat Files (Check Officeworks if you don't know what these look like) for notes because I tend to make detailed notes that are 50 pages long, and thus difficult to staple. With this I can hole punch the notes and insert them in.

3) Binders with my schools past papers printed off and placed in them.

In the end it honestly depends on how you like to organise everything

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Here is a system that I use:

I have a big binder with all my work at home ...

And then I do work on A4 pieces of paper , and the end of each week , I put the papers in the big binder

Less weight on you and it tests your knowledge xd
This is also a great idea :D

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
When does everyone start school?!
Tomorrow, 28th Jan; it will just be the Year 7s, Year 11s and Year 12s - we have the school to ourselves before all the wrecked kids come TA T

Nope, lots of people HATE English. Chemistry is interesting, but I wouldn't pick it up as a subject to try ruin my ATAR.

Although, you're not the only one, my boyfriend always blabbers about how Chemistry and Biology is great. But then again, he does three Sciences, I think he's a little crazy for taking that up.

I'm using a 1 and a half inch A4 binder, just to hold Business Studies stuff in it. Don't know how its going to work out, don't know what I should be doing in Year 12 T___T !

All my in-class paper go into folders and any notes I typed out for studying with go into 20 pocket display books.

HSC
Man! Y'all are so organise. Having folders and binders to keep your worksheets. I don't even know what a binder is????? Usually, I would just look at a worksheet given, 2-3 times to understand it fully then it goes into this box. That box is my garbage bin. And I suggest all of you to do it too. I mean, what if some robs your house and robs your notes and worksheets??? So best store it in your brain!!

@WrittenLoveLetters. Lmfao at your name. Your boyfriend sound mad real, I'd totally chill with that guy. What do you mean you wouldn't pick Chemistry up as a subject? To ruin your atar? Go hard or go push rice bags at Cabramatta. That's what my mother use to tell me. She still does!! And I'm doing 3 sciences as well, I don't like Physics much though. Like who cares about waves and Newton and his stupid laws that govern the universe

MilkyCat_

HSC
Man! Y'all are so organise. Having folders and binders to keep your worksheets. I don't even know what a binder is????? Usually, I would just look at a worksheet given, 2-3 times to understand it fully then it goes into this box. That box is my garbage bin. And I suggest all of you to do it too. I mean, what if some robs your house and robs your notes and worksheets??? So best store it in your brain!!

@WrittenLoveLetters. Lmfao at your name. Your boyfriend sound mad real, I'd totally chill with that guy. What do you mean you wouldn't pick Chemistry up as a subject? To ruin your atar? Go hard or go push rice bags at Cabramatta. That's what my mother use to tell me. She still does!! And I'm doing 3 sciences as well, I don't like Physics much though. Like who cares about waves and Newton and his stupid laws that govern the universe
We're not all geniuses like you man

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I was forced into preliminary business studies due to there being nothing else i could go into on that specific line, i originally dreaded it due to getting an E in year 10 commerce. Turns out it was my best HSC subject lmao
:)

HSC
I sound pretty vain and pretentious to you all, and that was my plan. To lower all of you's self esteem and ego. Good luck tomorrow year 11's!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)