Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumtgk

HSC
N/A
In general how are your other teachers for the other subjects?
chem - really intimidating but pretty cool and laid back
2/3U - my favourite teacher in the school, she is funny, good at explaining stuff, and feeds us in 3U (only 4 of us)
english - pretty average, but he is alright
engi - good at teaching the subject, but wastes a lot of time
multimedia - really energetic and passionate about the subject, puts in a lot of effort
physics - she messes up equations and doesn't do things in the syllabus sometimes, saying that other stuff is "more fun"

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Wtf everyone has amazing teachers...
Eng - meh, the teacher is a hsc marker and dislikes me (probably because I'm like 15th last lol)
Maths - decorational purposes
Jap- pree good
Bio -preacher
Chem - scary and strict af
Business- shitty teaching + shitty subject = terminal stage of cancer

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Everyone seems do dis business, glad I didn't go to my seconds thoughts of choosing it and sticking to PD.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone seems do dis business, glad I didn't go to my seconds thoughts of choosing it and sticking to PD.
People like to dis a lot of different subjects.

Business Studies really isn't that bad (well HSC is more palatable I suppose)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Wtf everyone has amazing teachers...
Eng - meh, the teacher is a hsc marker and dislikes me (probably because I'm like 15th last lol)
Maths - decorational purposes
Jap- pree good
Bio -preacher
Chem - scary and strict af
Business- shitty teaching + shitty subject = terminal stage of cancer
hahahahahah, feels all the way.
Oh shit im dieing
People like to dis a lot of different subjects.

Business Studies really isn't that bad (well HSC is more palatable I suppose)
mhmm, exactly right. I don't enjoy business cause the content is dry, common sense, requires you to rote learn and regurgitate knowledge and just generally uninteresting. However i have plenty of friends that enjoy business and actually prefer to study it over maths (pushing the boundaries there a bit lol). It's all on opinion.
Not everyone hates it, im pree sure WLL can vouch for it.
Sien and I probs think the same way about it and thus hate it.

Last edited:

Graceuf

HSC
My teachers are okay. Although all of my favourites have left.

2U: Head teacher. Doesn't give us much time in class to do work but explains stuff pretty well (sometimes can drag on)
3U: Same teacher as Year 7/8. Pretty good. Explains stuff well and goes through exercises ahead of time to do questions we may get stuck on.

Old 2U/4U: She was awesome. We had a blast she had great notes and explained stuff really well and let us stay in over breaks for triple Maths. Then moved to London last term...

English: Great teacher. High expectations but I hope she will get us far. Had her Year 9/10. Only started back with her this term.

Old English teacher: Softly spoken but a great teacher. He explained stuff so well and gave examples and always joked around with us. He changed to a studies class because he might have to take time off unexpectedly and he didn't want us advanced students to suffer.

Chemistry: Freaked us out at the start of the year. Seemed really strict but he's a really good teacher and pushes us to do our best and is always happy to help.

Bio: Tends to talk a lot. We haven't learnt nearly as much as the other class but she's okay.

Ancient: has been away most of last term and all this term. Reason unknown. A lot of people hate her but she's just really enthusiastic about what she teachs and isn't afraid to show it. I hope she's back by next term.

Music: She loves us. I'm one of the band kids so we get all the special privileges. But I don't really like her as a teacher. Lots of sheets of notes and not much understanding concepts. She had time off last term and the casual we had for those 7 weeks was amazing! The entire class has come to the agreement that we want him back but that's not going to happen.

I realised while typing this. I have a lot of pent up feelings about my teachers and I've lost my 2 favourite teachers. Ugh...

blackbird_14

HSC
Music: She loves us. I'm one of the band kids so we get all the special privileges. But I don't really like her as a teacher. Lots of sheets of notes and not much understanding concepts. She had time off last term and the casual we had for those 7 weeks was amazing! The entire class has come to the agreement that we want him back but that's not going to happen.

I realised while typing this. I have a lot of pent up feelings about my teachers and I've lost my 2 favourite teachers. Ugh...
Ahaha the perks of being involved in an ensemble at school :D - casually eating in a music room even though we're technically not allowed to because we're senior music students :).

My teachers this year are alright-
English- at the beginning of the year, she was a frightening lady, and I swear she was judging us instead of trying to help us. However, obviously she like poetry or something because she's actually trying to help us improve. So I guess she's alright now.
Maths- OMG MY TEACHER IS AMAZING - and it's great cause I get how she explains concepts and I have her for 2u and 3u :D
Chem- alright. She's very to the point in regards to how hard it is "chemistry is a hard subject. More than half of you will fail."- her advice at the beginning of the year.
Bio- uses PowerPoint slides and handouts every lesson with the occasional prac or some other activity, but I find it alright to learn this way.
Music- I don't think I could ask for a better music teacher.
Geo- Seriously, who doesn't love a teacher that gives you food and feedback whenever you need it? Turned in my geography project today and she gave a us a bag of surprises- glow sticks and lollies and seeds- yes seeds- that we could grow. Omg she's amazing!

So yeah. I'm content.

blackbird_14

HSC
Omg your writing is so neat (casually fan girling over your writing) mines like a bunch of spewed out words on a piece of paper!

Graceuf

HSC
Ahaha the perks of being involved in an ensemble at school :D - casually eating in a music room even though we're technically not allowed to because we're senior music students :).

My teachers this year are alright-
English- at the beginning of the year, she was a frightening lady, and I swear she was judging us instead of trying to help us. However, obviously she like poetry or something because she's actually trying to help us improve. So I guess she's alright now.
Maths- OMG MY TEACHER IS AMAZING - and it's great cause I get how she explains concepts and I have her for 2u and 3u :D
Chem- alright. She's very to the point in regards to how hard it is "chemistry is a hard subject. More than half of you will fail."- her advice at the beginning of the year.
Bio- uses PowerPoint slides and handouts every lesson with the occasional prac or some other activity, but I find it alright to learn this way.
Music- I don't think I could ask for a better music teacher.
Geo- Seriously, who doesn't love a teacher that gives you food and feedback whenever you need it? Turned in my geography project today and she gave a us a bag of surprises- glow sticks and lollies and seeds- yes seeds- that we could grow. Omg she's amazing!

So yeah. I'm content.
I'm so glad we're not the only ones who hide in the music rooms! I feel slightly less socially awkward now. [emoji14]

blackbird_14

HSC
I'm so glad we're not the only ones who hide in the music rooms! I feel slightly less socially awkward now. [emoji14]
Believe me- you'll most likely find me in a music room than anywhere else in the school! ahhh the life of a music student :)

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC

A taste of HSC makes me sad. I don't want 2016 to exist.
holy crap your handwriting is amazing <3 wooooow. my exam handwiting is illegible - its like someone is trying to conform a squiggle of abstract art into some lines - not good. :(

blackbird_14

HSC
holy crap your handwriting is amazing <3 wooooow. my exam handwiting is illegible - its like someone is trying to conform a squiggle of abstract art into some lines - not good. :(
If you did visual arts submit your English essay scrawl as a major work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)