Prelim Advanced Essay (1 Viewer)

Grinchey

HSC
Hey all,

At the moment I have a draft due tomorrow for a dystopian essay on Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale". The question is:
“How successful is Margaret Atwood’s novel ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ in portraying a dystopia?”.
I am fine with finding quotes displaying my chosen themes however I canno't scene to back up each quite with a technique? (the missing technique spots are attached next to each quote). Any help is appreciated
Techniques.png
Untitledasd.png

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I know these techniques aren't the best and there's probably more sophisticated ones but personal pronoun, tone and truncated sentences? Sorry not much help. :/

Grinchey

HSC
Oh no thanks heaps I couldn't even think of those. I'm from a low-ranked school and sophisticated techniques I guess aren't really needed. Oh and btw, do you mind telling me which quotes you linked those to? Thanks so much

sarah1

HSC
Hey,
sorry this isn't especially related to your texts, just another question :p
i was wondering if anyone has advice on how to cut down an essay? I've got a comparison essay about shakespeare's othello, and I have to write it in an exam in a week. At the moment it's 1200 words, and my teacher commented that I need to add more techniques/quotes. I have roughly 40-45 ins to write it and I think it is even a stretch to fit in 1200 words, so I'm not quite sure what to cut?
Any advice is greatly appreciated xx

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)