Prelim Bio compared to HSC Bio (1 Viewer)

ghuy

HSC
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if HSC Biology is one of those subjects which really relies on your prelim knowledge, because going throughout the syllabus, the HSC content is completely different.

Thanks anyways!

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if HSC Biology is one of those subjects which really relies on your prelim knowledge, because going throughout the syllabus, the HSC content is completely different.

Thanks anyways!
Course is completely different, can't even remember what I did in year 11. I think you should learn about osmosis and stuff like that though as it'll help you in year 12.

moocow920

HSC
I was bottom 5 out of 60 in year 11 for bio and now im 2nd out of 44 (never revised the prelim content I failed), prelim doesnt matter. Just make sure you are clear on diffusion and osmosis, and mitosis/meiosis and you should be absolutely fine :)

kimmiee--x3

HSC
tbh, it is not really needed at all. Like moocow920 said, main ones you probably just need to look over is the cell division stages. Focus on the HSC syllabus carefully and you'll be fine.

ghuy

HSC
I was bottom 5 out of 60 in year 11 for bio and now im 2nd out of 44 (never revised the prelim content I failed), prelim doesnt matter. Just make sure you are clear on diffusion and osmosis, and mitosis/meiosis and you should be absolutely fine :)
Wow that's really good!! Thanks for the help!

bedpotato

HSC
I didn't even do patterns in nature in prelim, so didn't learn all the diffusion/osmosis stuff, and I'm doing fine now. As you said, the courses are completely different, and HSC is a lot more interesting.

oskarwithak

HSC
Prelim is not covered in the HSC, it says that on the BoS site I think.

I'm dropping Bio for my HSC year (13U across 6 subjects was too much for me) but I was breathing easy knowing that I will never have to use a quadrat again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)