Prelim Economics results (1 Viewer)

sidb94

HSC
aye, just wondering how others went in their prelim economics exams ? feel free to post ur marks here :)

btw, i was also wondering wat a raw mark of 87.5% would scale up to ?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
A raw mark of 87-88 in the external HSC exam would easily align to mid 90s.

Although Prelim content is significantly different from HSC content...

michaeljennings

HSC
+1

I struggled with prelim economics ranked about 40th/110

Hopefully OP finds the HSC content more engaging than prelim like i did because i found Economics to be really enjoyable in yr 12 and i ended up getting a rank of 13/98

sidb94

HSC
how much different does the economics HSC course differ to the economics prelim course .... coz my teacher told me it wasn't all that different ? hope it is though coz prelim eco is terribly boring...

enoilgam

HSC
A raw mark of 87-88 in the external HSC exam would easily align to mid 90s.

This, I found the prelim content to be way easier then the HSC content.

michaeljennings

HSC
This, I found the prelim content to be way easier then the HSC content.
Differs from person to person hopefully OP finds HSC content easier

how much different does the economics HSC course differ to the economics prelim course .... coz my teacher told me it wasn't all that different ? hope it is though coz prelim eco is terribly boring...
I found it terribly boring as well lol

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I found Prelim eco to be incredibly dry and repetitive (albeit easy). HSC is much more interesting in terms of its relevance to the world however, requires (imo) more effort and thinking.

sidb94

HSC
I found Prelim eco to be incredibly dry and repetitive (albeit easy). HSC is much more interesting in terms of its relevance to the world however, requires (imo) more effort and thinking.
Willing to put the effort in aye, if it is anything more interesting than prelim lol

enoilgam

HSC
Year 11 economics is more theoretical, like how S&D works, etc. Whereas year 12 you look at how the application of this theory in the real world and specifcally Australia (monetary policy, physical policy, mircoeconomics etc).

Last edited:

michaeljennings

HSC
Year 11 economics is more theoretical, like how S&D works, etc. Whereas year 12 you look at how the application of this theory and the real world and specifcally Australia (monetary policy, physical policy, mircoeconomics etc).
+1

TorMental

HSC
In yr 11, I remember looking at the 'Circular Flow of Income' and going 'Is my teacher on crack? What all this Y? I? X? M? Leakages and Injections?

Oh man, and fiscal policy was the worst. Our teacher threw us in the deep end and asked a hard question for current info in fiscal budget nd alot of 'wth was ensured'. Needless to say, the highest mark was 15/20 hahaha.

Btw, if your doing shit in eco in yr 11, doesn't mean your gonna do shit in yr 12. I was ranked 26/30 in halfyearly prelim. I got ranked 8/30 by finals. True story. 80%+ after getting 50 and 60s in half yearly and first assessment.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
In yr 11, I remember looking at the 'Circular Flow of Income' and going 'Is my teacher on crack? What all this Y? I? X? M? Leakages and Injections?

Oh man, and fiscal policy was the worst. Our teacher threw us in the deep end and asked a hard question for current info in fiscal budget nd alot of 'wth was ensured'. Needless to say, the highest mark was 15/20 hahaha.

Btw, if your doing shit in eco in yr 11, doesn't mean your gonna do shit in yr 12. I was ranked 26/30 in halfyearly prelim. I got ranked 8/30 by finals. True story. 80%+ after getting 50 and 60s in half yearly and first assessment.
The problem is, understanding the Circular Flow of Income is important to understand year 12 lol.

raghusi

HSC
+ 1
Year 11 focusses on the fundamentals- whereas yr12 concentrates on real-world economic issues. I find the beauty of economics is that you can find interconnections with all topics- hence makin it way easier to study! Funnily enough i did tonnes better in yr12 then yr 11( cause i tried harder?lols)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)