Prelim + HSC ? (1 Viewer)

naav

HSC
Would it be necessary to know you're year 11 and year 12 content? I know the year 11 content was the foundation for the year 12 studies, but I'm just wondering if I should go through year 11 stuff or not? By year 11 stuff, for example: I mean like the principal events of Jesus' life for Christianity depth study.

studybot

HSC
You can cover it within year 12 content. I used principle events of Jesus' life to support my points within my essay on Christianity and got full marks.
If it is relevant towards the syllabus points, sure why not.

Last edited:

studybot

HSC
I enjoy it ^u^
My teacher was really fun though and made everything interesting.

naav

HSC
I enjoy it ^u^
My teacher was really fun though and made everything interesting.
Wish I had a proper teacher who would actually turn up to class instead of running around doing things for the school -.-

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Agreed ! Too much history which I really don't have much interest in :\ oops.. making myself sound like an Atheist now :L
Assuming you go to a Catholic school where its compulsory like me? If i could i would drop it and do 10 units however if we drop SOR we MUST do Catholic studies, non atar course....

naav

HSC
assuming you go to a catholic school where its compulsory like me? If i could i would drop it and do 10 units however if we drop sor we must do catholic studies, non atar course....
yes :( !

wavess

HSC
In the 2009 paper, they included year 11 content, so they could ask anything.

Pop Culture

HSC
N/A
Well, I do SOR 1 Unit. The only prelim content I have gone over are the key beliefs of Christianity and Islam.
I need to known them, because the questions could ask how the significant practice expresses the key beliefs of the faith.

naav

HSC
Well, I do SOR 1 Unit. The only prelim content I have gone over are the key beliefs of Christianity and Islam.
I need to known them, because the questions could ask how the significant practice expresses the key beliefs of the faith.
Yeahs, that what I end up doing, just end up knowing my beliefs for the depth studies

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Agreed ! Too much history which I really don't have much interest in :\ oops.. making myself sound like an Atheist now :L
Interesting that you said that - I find that the inclusion of Land Rights, Stolen Generations history and such in the "post-45" section to be a bit of a stretch for a "Studies of Religion" course. I totally respect reconciliation and aboriginal Land Rights etc, but to me it's just the BoS repeating ad-nauseum a topic hardly relevant to the course for the purpose of "appealing" to the reconciliation efforts of recent times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)