Prelim Revision (1 Viewer)

...xD

HSC
I always get overly stressed when its that 'revision' time of the term, leading me to end up getting no revision done. It sounds kind of stupid of me but I've been struggling with this problem for the entire year already and seriously cannot get myself to revise. I pretty much keep up with all of the content and it feels like a waste of my effort to be slacking off on the most crucial consolidation stages.

I'm pretty much dead for English but I still have a few of my assessments to go so I thought that I probably should ask for some advice/ motivation/ roasting. Like anything please...

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Maybe change up your studying environment? Try going to the library, maybe seeing all the other people studying around you forces you to stay concentrated too. Not sure if your the lone wolf type, but otherwise try asking a few friends out to go on a study session, this way you get proper breaks and enjoy each others company/u can eat together idk. If not thats all good because I'm one too.

Try asking yourself the reason behind your lack of 'motivation', is it because you worked too hard and burnt out? Or is it because you simply can't be bothered? And if so, what can you do. Maybe sometimes you forcing yourself to just get things done works. Reward yourself, go outside, take breaks away from the screen. Don't need to start off with grinding every subject, just start off with like an hour of revision where you turn your phone off, and purely concentrate, and after rest for like 15-30mins before you try again. Keep a consistent sleep schedule too if you can.

Not really in depth sorry, went with the broader info since I don't have a good understanding of your current situation.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Maybe change up your studying environment? Try going to the library, maybe seeing all the other people studying around you forces you to stay concentrated too. Not sure if your the lone wolf type, but otherwise try asking a few friends out to go on a study session, this way you get proper breaks and enjoy each others company/u can eat together idk. If not thats all good because I'm one too.

Try asking yourself the reason behind your lack of 'motivation', is it because you worked too hard and burnt out? Or is it because you simply can't be bothered? And if so, what can you do. Maybe sometimes you forcing yourself to just get things done works. Reward yourself, go outside, take breaks away from the screen. Don't need to start off with grinding every subject, just start off with like an hour of revision where you turn your phone off, and purely concentrate, and after rest for like 15-30mins before you try again. Keep a consistent sleep schedule too if you can.

Not really in depth sorry, went with the broader info since I don't have a good understanding of your current situation.
Let’s be friends

band6yesplease

HSC
I always get overly stressed when its that 'revision' time of the term, leading me to end up getting no revision done. It sounds kind of stupid of me but I've been struggling with this problem for the entire year already and seriously cannot get myself to revise. I pretty much keep up with all of the content and it feels like a waste of my effort to be slacking off on the most crucial consolidation stages.

I'm pretty much dead for English but I still have a few of my assessments to go so I thought that I probably should ask for some advice/ motivation/ roasting. Like anything please...
YOU SHOULD TRICK URSELF INTO THINKING THE FIRST EXAM IS ON LIKE NEXT MONDAY, right, then you add a countdown to your computer homescreen and literally CONVINCE urself it's on Monday then the Sunday night ur forced to study
Do your assessments just get them over and done with and you will never have to think about them again!!!! JUST DO THEMEMMEMEMEMEMMMMM

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
YOU SHOULD TRICK URSELF INTO THINKING THE FIRST EXAM IS ON LIKE NEXT MONDAY, right, then you add a countdown to your computer homescreen and literally CONVINCE urself it's on Monday then the Sunday night ur forced to study
Do your assessments just get them over and done with and you will never have to think about them again!!!! JUST DO THEMEMMEMEMEMEMMMMM
good info but change ur pfp

carrotsss

HSC
it sounds dumb but it genuinely worked for me with assessments, I set imaginary deadlines like a month before the due date and I felt compelled to get them done in time for some reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)