Preliminary Biology (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
kike said:
yes i totally agree find yr11 biology a boree! all about plants and stuff.. i thought the yr12 course wouldnt involve as much plant stuff but aparentli it does -.-
thats y im dropping it :)
haha
It's significantly less though. You go into learning about enzymes and the factors that affect the rate of that. You go int proacryotic cells into great details and look bacteria especially (e.g. pili, method of movement, replication). You also look at genetics (e.g. autosomnal dominant, x-linked, punnet square, etc) and human's method of protection against foregin viruses (e.g. first level of barrier, second level of barrier, T-cells) and you also come back to human body.

CJ pim

HSC
kike said:
yes i totally agree find yr11 biology a boree! all about plants and stuff.. i thought the yr12 course wouldnt involve as much plant stuff but aparentli it does -.-
thats y im dropping it :)
haha
our teacher told us that there was like no plants in the yr 12 course at all (thank god) most of it is just like diseases and genetics stuff.
Bio ROcks!!!!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lyounamu said:
It's significantly less though. You go into learning about enzymes and the factors that affect the rate of that. You go int proacryotic cells into great details and look bacteria especially (e.g. pili, method of movement, replication). You also look at genetics (e.g. autosomnal dominant, x-linked, punnet square, etc) and human's method of protection against foregin viruses (e.g. first level of barrier, second level of barrier, T-cells) and you also come back to human body.
i can't wait either it is easily my most interesting subject & my nursing work will come in handy there for immune response etc. WHOO year 12 bio looks. sounds & will be interesting.

5233andy

HSC
First and second topics were fine. I'm looking forward to the HSC topics - it'll be incredibly interesting.

lcosta-2420

HSC
I thought they were all crap except the ecosystems one... :sleep:

Have the worst teacher who hangs over you and is always telling us 'excuse me, and excuse me please....' she said it like 27 times we counted in a double... to which and i stood up and said... get angry at us or shutup.... she shutup lol:eek:

want to change 2 senior science 2 get away from the horror but it ranks like crap compared to bio =(

Zantico

HSC
Life on earth= my fav topic. Patterns in Nature was just too long too big =( im pretty sure my last topic local ecosystems was just an excursion for me

Pink Oni

HSC
Pacchiru said:
Hah.. the only one I enjoyed was the first module. The rest were shit boring.
Ditto here. Far out, I'm so sick of learning about fossils. Even ecology was a blast compared to fossils. Origin of the Earth is a little wierd 'cause I do it in depth in physics... its just strange to me and boring.

Bring back cell processes and stuff like that. In the last topic, I was thirlled to have once lesson dedicated to meiosis and mitosis >_>

bubblesss

HSC
Pink Oni said:
Ditto here. Far out, I'm so sick of learning about fossils. Even ecology was a blast compared to fossils. Origin of the Earth is a little wierd 'cause I do it in depth in physics... its just strange to me and boring.

Bring back cell processes and stuff like that. In the last topic, I was thirlled to have once lesson dedicated to meiosis and mitosis >_>

yep yep:sleep:

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
patterns in nature and local ecosystem was alright.
life on earth and evolution was not so alright.

but im looking forward to hsc bio:wave:

failed2546

HSC
I don't have a clue what you people find good about biology. Then again our teacher is a doosh most of the time. Lol he has the funniest quotes. He's using the indo-australian plate as his surfboard. AHH KNOWLEDGE!!!!!

HSC
failed2546 said:
I don't have a clue what you people find good about biology. Then again our teacher is a doosh most of the time. Lol he has the funniest quotes. He's using the indo-australian plate as his surfboard. AHH KNOWLEDGE!!!!!
i totally agree with you. biology makes me wanna:sleep: and i dont think its just your teacher - mine isnt all there either.

EPHS '09

madisonelise

HSC
our teacher says it is way more interesting in year 12. Year 12 includes diseases etc.. which are quite fun!! Im excited!

dpospination

HSC
a lot of the year 11 courses have content which is a bit dry compared to the HSC. personally for Bio this year, patterns in nature was good, but evolution of australian biota is awesome :) the other two were alright...

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
dpospination said:
a lot of the year 11 courses have content which is a bit dry compared to the HSC. personally for Bio this year, patterns in nature was good, but evolution of australian biota is awesome :) the other two were alright...
i seriously cannot wait but i agree english is way better
woo
4U english, but bio should still be fun and interesting

HSC
Year 12 HSC Biology is certainly more interesting, just how more interesting it is, is debatable. Diseases aren't that fun :(

Good lucks all

TurkStyle

HSC
nah i dont think it was boring maybe a bit easy
it was so easy to study for i didnt really need a teacher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)