Preliminary HSC Assessments-Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Re: Preliminary HSC Assessments-Thoughts/Results v1.0

Nope, im pretty sure I failed that TAFE exam hardcore.. We had to copy down questions relavent to the exam the week before, the guy from my school didnt do it so i lent it to him to copy, he never copied it, i never got it back and the stuff i did look at was irrelevant. I'm so gonna drop TAFE, it eats up way too much time and I really suck at it >.>

Fairy tales? That -could- be interesting.. We're doing Modern Mythology, it's great. Looking at Batman Begins at the moment. As for geog, It was actually half decent, 28 1/2 out of 40 I think it was.. Sooo glad the holidays are here though :D

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC

I just got 2U maths back, my mark isn't that impressive...a mere 88%. :(

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC

arnold182 said:
Recently..
Economics. 1st with 91%
Maths Ext 1. 1st with ??

=D
hrmmmz..
good work arnoold! lol.. i am proud :) :)

eco.. equal first 100%
english.. who knows.. top 10 i think.. 74%
everything else.. i dont know.. i need to get my other two assignments back.. [bio and chem]
maths.. haha lets not speak of that.. i just have a half yearly to loook forward to...:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC

Gees, am I the only person failing stuff in this thread? Everyone seems to be getting 88's 90's and 100's and all I've done is fail, nearly fail, and get slightly better than a near fail :S

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC

greycats said:
Gees, am I the only person failing stuff in this thread? Everyone seems to be getting 88's 90's and 100's and all I've done is fail, nearly fail, and get slightly better than a near fail :S
err dude...2 weeks ago i got 56% in maths 2u (4th in class) and 20% in maths 3u (2nd in class). this is because my teacher teaches with the use of cambridge 2/3u prelim textbook while we continually use maths in focus (bad book), and we just can't adapt to her ways of teaching.
well..atleast i got 100% in SOR2 :D
am waiting on results from chem, eng adv (hopefully both in band 6)

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC

Results so far:
Legal: 20/20, Rank =1st/30ish :D, That's all I can say about that
Physics: 60/65, Rank 2nd/40ish, beaten by one mark ...
Business Studies: No idea, haven't been to class lately :p
English: 27/35, Rank somewhere in the 20s/61, not bad considering my short story was crammed into 10 minutes.
English Extension 1: 10/15, Rank 15/18, ehh, lost marks because I forgot to mention the person we were supposed to mention in the essay.
Maths Extension 1 (accelerated): 63/84, Rank 5?/30ish, good, considering I couldn't answer some of the questions due to lack of time.
SOR1: 14/15, Rank =1st out of 150ish students, pretty easy, but no one got full marks for their presentation.

Apart from english, I went well this term.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC

wow, you guys already done your prelim half yearlies? ours is week 4 after easter break...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

Yoakim .. i thought you did 3umaths. .. how come you don't have it in your sig? =_-''

m0ofin

HSC
N/A

greycats said:
My class averaged 60% for our first 3u exam, only one girl got over 90% so you're not the only one failing or near failing here. But it's okay Greycats, you'll improve with time and practice (I realise you would've known that already but yeah) :)

HSC

To greycats, m0ofin is right in saying that time and practice will improve you. Now that you know what marks everyone else is achieving (competition), work and push yourself to the level!!

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC

m0ofin said:
My class averaged 60% for our first 3u exam, only one girl got over 90% so you're not the only one failing or near failing here. But it's okay Greycats, you'll improve with time and practice (I realise you would've known that already but yeah) :)
oh man.. for my first 3u maths exam i got 14/40 !!!! like.. OMGSH.. thats TERRIBLE ! i crashed and burnt:burn: .. i dont read the bloody question and i i freeze up... i worked out abt 50% of the way. and then stopped.. and that 50% of the way was right.. arghs..
and then.. my 2nd exam.. i got.. 34/60.. I GOT OVER 50%!!! i was proud of that... far out.. i hate it when i tense up in my tests..:bomb:

[luckily it doesnt count towards anything.. teachers are just assessing our capabilities]

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

kb1509 said:
oh man.. for my first 3u maths exam i got 14/40 !!!! like.. OMGSH.. thats TERRIBLE ! i crashed and burnt:burn: .. i dont read the bloody question and i i freeze up... i worked out abt 50% of the way. and then stopped.. and that 50% of the way was right.. arghs..
and then.. my 2nd exam.. i got.. 34/60.. I GOT OVER 50%!!! i was proud of that... far out.. i hate it when i tense up in my tests..:bomb:

[luckily it doesnt count towards anything.. teachers are just assessing our capabilities]
Happened during one of my year11 math exams. i was very tensed up before the exam and once i began to read the question, i began to panic, as i didn't get it first time around. i was fully shaking and couldn't pay attention whatsoever, consequently i got a shocking mark. Thus, to avoid this, go in the exam with a clean mind ! make sure you revise everything and not leave anything out, because trust me you'll be kicking yourself in the exam if you do ! also start off with easy questions, as it will give you a confident boost ! but you still got a long way to go, just learn from everything you do, and you'll kick ass in every other assessment =]

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

HSC

kb1509 said:

Couple of things to help you later for maths exams:
1. Stay calm. If you start to panic, it is a lot more likely that you will forget about what you are supposed to be doing and thus lose marks for making silly mistakes.
2. Practise, practise, practise. Do lots of quesions on the topic. Make sure you know the topic/s that you are being tested on inside out, it will help you when you are faced with a question that you are not quite sure of what you need to do.

Good luck for the rest of your maths exams.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC

shinji said:
Yoakim .. i thought you did 3umaths. .. how come you don't have it in your sig? =_-''
that's because i'm dropping maths ext after holidays :D i've decided to concentrate more on my other subjects esp maths 2u and chem, instead of scoring 50-70% thoughout prelim and hsc.

btw, soulsearcher, do u go to NSB?

SoulSearcher

HSC

yoakim said:
that's because i'm dropping maths ext after holidays :D i've decided to concentrate more on my other subjects esp maths 2u and chem, instead of scoring 50-70% thoughout prelim and hsc.

btw, soulsearcher, do u go to NSB?
Nope, Patrician Brothers College Fairfield. Why do you ask?

m0ofin

HSC
N/A

@kb1509 - You could try pasting bright paper (yellow is funky!) on your calculator to remind you in the exam to stay calm. Ahaha, it sounds silly but it kinda works. Btw, SoulSearcher's tips are good stuff.

HSC

parent teacher night tonight and we get our reports back. i'll post my results up for half yearlies when i get my rankings later. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)