• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preliminary Subjects. Uni Courses. HELP! (2 Viewers)

SuperSaiyan

HSC
wait 1 question not to hijack this thread or something ... i can move up from gen to 2unit in year 12 if i get recommended ? woah im pretty sure in my school they said you cant move up subjects 100%? is it like a official rule that the board of studies has implemented ? or is it school policy?

jasonn

HSC
wait 1 question not to hijack this thread or something ... i can move up from gen to 2unit in year 12 if i get recommended ? woah im pretty sure in my school they said you cant move up subjects 100%? is it like a official rule that the board of studies has implemented ? or is it school policy?
technically, according to the board of studies, you cant move up to 2u from gen in Year 12 unless you've completed the 'prelim' course.. and whilst in other subjects (such as english for e.g) it would be relatively easy to transition from the standard course to advanced, or advanced to ext 1, i would not recommend you move up to 2u from gen if u havent completed the yr 11 course, as 30% of the HSC exam is yr 11 work, and its all interrelated, etc.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
technically, according to the board of studies, you cant move up to 2u from gen in Year 12 unless you've completed the 'prelim' course.. and whilst in other subjects (such as english for e.g) it would be relatively easy to transition from the standard course to advanced, or advanced to ext 1, i would not recommend you move up to 2u from gen if u havent completed the yr 11 course, as 30% of the HSC exam is yr 11 work, and its all interrelated, etc.
u are right...but however, it is also the same case for 2 u adv ----> 3 u / 4 u. This apparently cannot be done, as you need to have learnt the prelim of EXT to do it in yr 12. so its pretty much what uve locked in u have to keep, unless u drop it or something. for english is pretty straight forward...u CAN go to adv from std...becasue the 2 subjects r basically the same shit...i honestly dont know why there is even an adv and std....should just be one subject called ENGLISH like it is with MATHEMATICS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)